Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice
Please fix geofencing. After the update it will no longer arm when I leave. I must open the app and click on a camera to see live feed. Then it says leaving area and arms. Worked perfectly fine for over a year.
4 REPLIES 4
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

Bah0482
Apprentice
Apprentice
James are you a bot? Because that's your response everytime. It doesn't work. Fix the app please
LiCi
Apprentice
Apprentice

I have the exact same issue after iOS update of the app to version 2.4.7. Geofencing was working flawless until now. No longer recognising when we are away or back home. If device is showing out of zone then it will stay out of zone even if we arrived back home and vice versa.

The app does not seems to be running in the background. If I open the app, minimise it, wait few mins and open it again, it went back to beginning where it will try to log me in from start.

JamesC please go tell you engineer to test it themselves. Your suggestions of disable/enable to which I have tried, DOES NOT WORK. I have even reset to factory default and resync, re-setup GeoFencing and it is still broken.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Engineering is currently aware of and investigating an issue with Geofencing that is affecting some users. I will provide an update as soon as I have more information.

JamesC