Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing requires me to play with my phone? Have to open phone to know my location?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ulao
Tutor
Tutor

I notices that the Geofancing does not figure out where my phone is until I open the app, go to device, then go back to modes. Then it changes from away to home.  Was hoping it would do that on its own? Same when I leave the house, it does not arm itself till I pick up my phone move away from modes then come back to modes. Tasker has no issues with this, is there a plugin for tasker since Alro can not do the job? Is it because I left the app open?

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you logging out of the app or just backgrounding it? The app has to be logged in to allow GF to work. Make sure the location settings for the app in the phone settings is to allow location to be on all the time, not just when using the app.

ulao
Tutor
Tutor

After some more playing, it looks like the key is to just auto connect to my wifi. Since I use my wife for other things (car, work) it does not auto connect when I get home. Is there another way to know when I'm near, like using near wifi, or BT near? Again, tasker could do this much better. Looks like there are no plugins for it.