Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing completely unusable since moving to new home

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

When I moved to a new home, I took my firewall with me.  I know this causes geolocation issues for a period of time, but I'm well beyond that and our phones have shown us properly for a month.  However, geofencing simply no longer works.  Before I moved, it worked perfectly.  The issue is it doesn't seem to communicate with the phone properly.  My phone always shows out of zone, my wife's always shows unavailable.  I reset the base station, and mine showed in zone for about a week.  During that time, it would never show out of zone when I left.  The reset did not correct my wife's phone, still showing unavailable where it never had issues in the past.  I've deleted the app from the phones and reinstalled to no avail.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Consider refreshing your enabled devices within Geofencing settings. Disable all listed devices, save and then enable the devices again.

Log in to your Arlo Account (the primary) and navigate to Mode > select your Arlo system > edit Geofencing > click "Enabled devices". Toggle all of the listed devices off and save. After you have finished saving, navigate back to "Enabled devices" and toggle all desired devices back on and save.

JamesC

madkiwi
Luminary
Luminary

It's a coincidence- has nothing to do with your move, Netgear did an update on March 14th that broke geofencing. They "tried" to fix it on March 28th, still broken.

Flash forward to yesterday, new app version... still broken.

JamesC- Did all your steps. Did not work. Both devices in our household show as unavailable on the Enabled Devices" although my position is correct on the Geofencing Setup Summary map.

I even cleared the cache and rebooted my phone.

DLinkOZ
Guide
Guide

I've also already completed the steps to disable and re-enable and it had no impact on the issue.