Geofencing and HomeKit

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
nickselman
Follower
Follower

Most of my other smart home apps (e.g. ecobee), when connected to HomeKit, utilize HomeKit's home/away modes. However, I only see the Geofencing option in Arlo to use the app's geofencing capabilities. 

Is there no way to override Arlo's geofence with the native Apple/HomeKit "home/away" status?

Not a big deal, but I find the Arlo app's geofencing to glitch constantly and I'd prefer to entrust Apple's data since it's more tightly integrated with the device.

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@nickselman

At this time Geofencing can only be programmed through the Arlo Secure app.

Brad_
Aspirant
Aspirant

Is there an estimate when Arlo will support for Apple HomeKit home and away? Would prefer this approach as the geofencing feature doesn’t work reliably. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Brad_ 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have performed so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

ParlorHouse
Tutor
Tutor

I strongly agree with this request for better Apple HomeKit integration. Arlo geofencing does not work at all. I have another support thread on this subject and nobody has been able to help me with my problem even though I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. I'm currently looking into other brands to use for my security and will most likely sell my Arlo system.