Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing & Motion Sensing Is Not Working

Discussion stats
  • 17 Replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 6 In Conversation
So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

At first, everything worked perfectly. Next, it became an issue where for geofencing to work I had to sign in on my phone for the geofencing to fire. Next, I had to sign in and Arm or Disarm then change back to geofencing for geofencing to trigger. Next, geofencing stopped working altogether and I have to manually Arm/Disarm. Tonight, I forgot to Disarm the system and should have set it off recording, but nothing. It appears that the system NO LONGER WORKS. I can turn on a live feed, but motion doesn't set it off. I've checked settings and they haven't changed.

The HW Version is H11, and the firmware on the cameras is 1.2.211616. The Base Station HW Version is VMB3010r2 and the firmware is 1.10.0.8_22190. I've already reset the base station, no joy.

I tried to start a chat, but their system pukes so support is useless.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

17 REPLIES 17
brh
Master
Master

@So_Cal_Jim

I just checked the firmware on my Pro cameras H11 and all of them are on firmware 1.092.0.16_21159 that I believe was released on 7/24/2018. What camera models are you using and which base station, pro or original wire free? The Firmware in your wire free cameras on your original base station is the same as mine. What apps are you using, ios or android.

I believe the geofencing in the app still has bugs but what you are describing I have never experienced.

Brian

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

The Pro models came out just after I purchased my equipment, so all "original". The Android app I'm using is the genuine Arlo app. I even tried Arming the cameras from the Web page (the same one I reset the base station from) and still didn't trigger.

brh
Master
Master

@So_Cal_Jim

You and I are somewhat in the same boat as I did not know that the Pros had been released when I purchased my original cameras and base, (I still am using the three original cameras but on pro bases). I have since retired my original base and purchased 2 Pro base stations so I can't tell you what the firmware version should be for the Pro cameras on the original base station. I went a step further and purchased the Netgear Orbi router with 2 satellites so that all 10 of my cameras have 3 bars of signal.

Anyway, There is a good possibility that the firmware is causing your problems. Maybe someone with the same setup as you will chime in.

Brian

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Thanks, I hope they do. I'm thinking I should have noticed a couple of days ago when the (2-3 a day) cars passing my driveway didn't trigger one.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi So_Cal_Jim,

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information.

Charlie61
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have having the same issue. My motion detection is not working at all on that function but will work on the 'armed/motion' function. I do not have a camera that 'arms up'...motion tests all work on each camera for motion. 

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Hey Development guys

Have you fixed this yet?

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Have you solved these issues YET?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

So_Cal_Jim,

The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information.

bahamagyrl
Tutor
Tutor
I have the original Arlos as well ... two of my cameras work the other three detect motion when they feel like it ... when they fix it does the firmware update automatically or do you have to do it manually ... thanks!
So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Hey guys, it's been over a month and all I've heard is you're "looking into" this. Is there a fix, and if not it doesn't do me any good to have cameras that do NOTHING. What are the instructions to return everything to you for a full refund so I can replace them with something that WORKS?

bahamagyrl
Tutor
Tutor
Yes I am equally as frustrated... tried to return everything to the place I purchased and couldn’t because it was over 3 months ... feels like I just wasted my money ... I am definitely writing every bad review I can about Arlos unless they get this fixed by the end of the month
tbtbtbbtbtbt
Initiate
Initiate

geofencing hasnt been working for months

shows in when out

shows out when in

when will this be fixed?

you shouldnt be selling a feature that never works. 

So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

It's been over a month and NO FIXES just their "The Arlo Development team is currently investigating reports of this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have further information."

Now they are selling a new "feature". Tried to contact them via their "chat" feature and even that doesn't work. Click on the button to start the chat and it opens a chat window, pukes, says you can only start a chat with the button (gee, REALLY) and grays out the window.

bahamagyrl
Tutor
Tutor
Yes the geo fencing never worked for me ... but that was secondary to the cameras not sensing motion at all ... there has been no firmware update since August and that’s exactly when my issues started with the motion detection
So_Cal_Jim
Guide
Guide

Looks like they snuck in an update without bothering to tell us. My cameras needed a battery replacement and on restart indicated a firmware update was available. Now geofencing and motion detection appear to be working.

bahamagyrl
Tutor
Tutor
Yes that’s what they did ...
Mine are all working now after the firmware update ... about time lol