Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geofencing Shows Wrong Location

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
BLTRA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I’ve previously used Arlo geofencing successfully with two iphones enabled under one account. In the last day, however, Arlo is not recognizing where my iphones location is. For instance, I’m at home but the app will show my location as two miles away! Most of the time the app will not register me at “Home” until I actively go into the app (I am not logged out).

I’ve done the following:
1. Confirmed location settings on iPhone set to Always
2. Confirmed Background App Refresh on iPhone is on
3. Removed the apostrophe (‘) from my iPhone device name. This was a suggestion from Arlo support but it’s bogus as my phones both had apostrophes the whole time it worked before.
4. Went to each mode and disabled devices, resaved the mode, and then enabled devices again.
5. Restarted cameras, phones, etc.

Why is this not working? The only change we’ve had is buying 4 Arlo Pro cameras with base station to use with our Arlo Qs- and that’s a huge waste if geofencing doesn’t work so we might return. And the Arlo Pros were working until last night. Suggestions, thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

What firmware version is your base station running? Have you tried to reboot the base station and test again?