Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Geo Fencing not working

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
michaelwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant
My geo Fencing is not working now since the last iPhone update anyone else? It always use to work and now it it just said I was home when I was away, and then won’t arm when I leave my home unless I re start the app
5 REPLIES 5
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm experiencing similar geofencing issues... One thing that has helped was I went back into the geofencing setup again and did not use the enter an address option, just my current GPS position at home.

michaelwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes you have to use an address and then pick a radius
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

No, you can just use your current GPS location, which is what I'm recommending trying. Worked better for me. When I entered just and address, it was not reliable. I have two base stations and did one each way as a test. Not saying it'll solve the issue, but worth a try for now.

michaelwalker
Aspirant
Aspirant
Well tell me where that is cause when you edit the geo Fencing you have to enter a location then pick size radius I have iPhone so maybe it’s different for you?
djdannis
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm on android, but try just moving your map view around a bit, then click the little GPS arrow icon if it shows up. That will center the map on your current location. Then save it out from there.