Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Friends can not see fifth camera

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have added a fifth camera recently and my freinds can't see it. I resend the invitation checking the fifth camera. What i'm I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r273,

It sounds like the friends invitation that you sent expired. Consider deleting that friend entirely and resending the invitation with all 5 cameras shared. Then be sure your friend accepts the invitation by clicking the provided link within the e-mail and signing in to their existing account. You may find this part easier on a PC, on a smart phone the link will prompt you to download the Arlo app. You can find this entire process in the following article:

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

I hope this helps!

JamesC

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Go to the Friends selection in Settings and enable the various cameras for that person.

r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

Did you not read my question? I resent all cameras plus the 5th one.

r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

Sorry for my short anwser to my last post but it is quite flustrating friends can see my 5th camera after sending many times as the instructions read.

Now my friends can see ANY cameras. They can down load the app but when they open it to the cameras it is a blank page. Top left of that page shows 4 little green boxes. Also on my settings page there is a red triangle with a explanation point in the center located on the line labeled "Friends". 

Do I need to delete my account and reload?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r273,

It sounds like the friends invitation that you sent expired. Consider deleting that friend entirely and resending the invitation with all 5 cameras shared. Then be sure your friend accepts the invitation by clicking the provided link within the e-mail and signing in to their existing account. You may find this part easier on a PC, on a smart phone the link will prompt you to download the Arlo app. You can find this entire process in the following article:

How do I add friends to my Arlo account?

I hope this helps!

JamesC

r273
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply JamesC. The invitation did not expire but I deleted my wife as a friend and she, her account and started over many many times, no luck. I had originally sent my 4 cameras to her and it worked fine. A few weeks later I purchase a 5th camera. Ever since then she can not see any cameras on her page. She can see other pages but nothing on the camera page. Her page only shows 4 green squares at the top left of her page and no camera pictures. She has a I pad and a I phone 6 that worked the 4 cameras before. I have been sending her invites from my PC all the time.

I am totally lost as to why it won't work. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r273,

What is the status of the invitation now, is it showing accepted or pending?

r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

Pending

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

r273,

I have reached out to you in a private message about this issue.

r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you JameC for your phone conversation!  JamesC was able to talk me though a way to enable all of my cameras!

Thank you JamesC, from a happy costomer! 

Michelledee
Aspirant
Aspirant
Question 🙂 we bought 3 cameras from costco set up was so easy and adding my husband was a breeze then he decides to take those cameras back and go to best buy because it's cheaper and u get 5!! I synced the new cameras as a new set up but adding the friend is not working. I deleted all the old cameras made sure it was the right base. Any ideas on what the issue is?
Thank u
Michelle
r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Michelledee, in my case I was trying to sync my cameras to my wife's I Pad or cell phone but it would not work after I added a 5th camera. Then none of them worked. JamesC Netgear Moderator helped me to do it a different way. You need to sync cameras from PC to PC. This worked again for a second friend.

Hope this helps.

R273

Jacktlai
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi r272,

What do you mean by syncing the camera from PC to PC? I had the same issue where a previous arlo hub was returned and i have synced the cameras with the new hub. I can see the cameras but my friend, who I have added, cannot.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did the friend respond to the email that should have been sent to him?  There's the need for response to authenticate the friend's account.

Jacktlai
Aspirant
Aspirant

There was no problem with the previous hub. With this new one, the setup was exactly the same, the friend did click on the link that was sent. The link opened the Arlo app (with iOS). He logged onto the same email account used for the previous hub that we have owned. The camera screen do not show any cameras and the friend status is still pending..

Noneofurbusines
Tutor
Tutor
My wife had a 4th camera drop from her view. I replaced the batteries, resynched, deleted her app, re-downloaded. Nothing worked. She can see the first 3 but not the 4th.
Noneofurbusines
Tutor
Tutor
Never mind. Got it.
r273
Aspirant
Aspirant

For future reference what did you do to resolve your problem on the 5th camera, Noneofurbusines?

Noneofurbusines
Tutor
Tutor
I went into settings and noticed that camera wasn't shared with her. How it got "unchecked" I don't know.