Friend Share - Non-US Apple ID

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Scu37703
Follower
Follower

I’m trying to share my account with a friend who has a non-US Apple ID.  The apps look totally different.  My friend request goes through to her email, and her account is active.  But my friend request doesn’t show up on her side.  And it stays Pending on my side.  She’s not able to add me (or anyone) as a Friend on her side.  It’s like there’s a firewall between our accounts.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Sam

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a couple of things at play here.

1) She should use a computer to click on the link in the email to accept. For some reason that works better than doing so on a phone.

2) The different appearance of the apps is due to the current apps support 2 different user interfaces (UI). The old one that's being phased out uses Library to view videos while the new one uses Feed. They are indeed quite different but in order to share cameras you need to migrate your account to use the new UI. To do so, use Add Device and choose either the Pro 5 or security system although you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. You can't revert back to the old UI and eventually you'd be migrated anyways. Take the time to look through the whole UI to see where things are and how they work. Note that custom modes don't migrate over and you can't create new ones so you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need.

Once you've migrated and she has successfully accepted the invitation, she will need to click on Home near the top of the app. Each user gets their own Home so she needs to select yours which will be the one on the bottom. I suggest renaming Home so it's obvious which one to choose.