Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MarkStevenT
Aspirant
Aspirant

I granted my wife access to our Arlo, all worked fine for some weeks, then she got a message that her access has expired. I sent her a new invitation, but it just gives the option to set up a new account. 

a) how does she get access again?

b) why can't a family all access the Arlo through a permanent account?

5 REPLIES 5
MarkStevenT
Aspirant
Aspirant

Forget it - I found she had misunderstood the message and just needed to log in again.

Point b) is still relevant though!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarkStevenT wrote:

They can, just by using their own accounts. Use of the primary account for all users would generally be thought of as a security issue since everyone would be the administrator of the system. 

MarkStevenT
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the Arlo web site it says: “Arlo allows only one registered administrative user per account. However, you can add friends to your Arlo account. Friends have limited access to some of the settings and features on your Arlo account. Friends can view live streams from your cameras and view or favorite video clips in your Arlo video library. You can also choose to grant limited administrative rights, such as selecting modes, sharing or deleting clips from the Library, and manually recording videos. You can select which cameras friends see.”

So how can anyone in my family create their own account?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes but you, as the primary user/owner, must use Settings, Grant Access to each person's email to get this working. Be sure that each person follows the emailed directions exactly.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@MarkStevenT wrote:

I agree that allowing multiple logins into a single account would be better for family access (at least for adults).