Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fourth Camera will not sync

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bradleyking9
Tutor
Tutor

I've tried switching the batteries.  First three were online without an issue.  

Here's a video that perfectly depicts the process.  Please help before I run back to best buy with the system, and some horribly mangled packaging.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRmza550u1E

Thanks in advance! 

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Orange flashing , means the sync was not sussucessful...

I would contact Netgear re a trouble ticket for a replacement camera as it may be defective.  ( unless you can swap it back at purchase location )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
bradleyking9
Tutor
Tutor

I figured this much by the orange light, but thought maybe there was something else I was doing wrong.  With production standards these days, it's rare for something to just be flat broken, straight out of the box.  

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The only other thing would be 1) drop batteries out and reinstall them 2) make sure you NOT holding the sync button on the base ( a quick push ) but I believe you covered all of that.

Morse is faster than texting!
bradleyking9
Tutor
Tutor

After a couple more hours of fumbling with it today, I braved the return line at best buy.  I came so close to grabbing a 3 pack of nest cameras.

Got all four new cameras synced up without issue.  Now to start mounting, and figuring out how to maximize battery life.