Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Fix Security after reinstall iOS App

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Mb3210
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was having issues with Geolocation across multiple phones. So I thought maybe deleting the app and reinstalling might help.

I was very surprised to find out that after reinstalling the app I DID NOT NEED TO SIGN IN. My prior settings, log in, password, Touch ID, were all intact.

Not willing to wipe my device to see how deep this goes.

To me that is crazy.
4 REPLIES 4
Mb3210
Aspirant
Aspirant

Oh yeah, also logging out, then deleting the app. Then reinstalling. Login credentials STILL auto populate. Goes right to ENABLE Touch ID. 

Seems relatively insecure to me. 

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Mb3210,

I've escalated this topic to engineering for review. Could you provide what model iOS device you are using along with the iOS version?

JamesC

Mb3210
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have iPhone 8 Plus running 11.3 beta 2. My other phone is a 6s running 11.2.5. Happens on both phones. The log in is persistent after logging out, deleting, and reinstalling app.
Mb3210
Aspirant
Aspirant
Another security issue I am noticing.

I have Touch ID active on both the 8 and 6s. When I open the app it has my username AND password already completed. Sometimes it prompts for Touch ID. Sometimes it does not. When it doesn’t ask for Touch ID the password is already there so basically no security. I will attempt to screen record.