Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Firmware will not update on VMC3030. Tried pressing on sync button.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
martino369
Aspirant
Aspirant

For the last week or so, I receive the message to "update your camera's firmware now", with the "update camera" button displayed.  I select the button and it indicates it's updating,  After a short while, it loops back to the message to update.  I've tried numerous things, turning off the camera when trying to update, turning off the motion detection, climbing on the ladder and pressing the sync button on the camera, ( which does work until the nightly update takes it back to the need to update message}.  The camera appears to record with motion, I simply cannot view live or record at will.

Camera info:  vmc3030 camera, version-1.4.293, release date Apr 3, 2020.

Your help will be appreciated, I've already spent too much time in trying to troubleshoot and resolve.

Thanks again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the base may help. If not, open and close the battery door on the camera. A final, last gasp approach is to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the base may help. If not, open and close the battery door on the camera. A final, last gasp approach is to remove the camera from Settings, My Devices and resync.

martino369
Aspirant
Aspirant

Opening and closing the battery compartment worked.  I did this previously a couple of times, but it didn't hold through the nightly update.  Makes me wonder if Guru did something to my account to allow it to finally work...whatever, thanks for your help!

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

"Guru" is just a forum designation. None of us so designated are Arlo employees, just people who spend a lot of time trying to help. We're users like you.  As such, we can't diddle with anything other than our own systems.

martino369
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the clarification, I did know that you were not an Arlo employee.    But, when I couldn't find logic in either the problem presented or finally it's resolution, I have to wonder.  It's not a matter of your diddling with something, but of maybe of a reporting process.  Just trying to understand when something makes no sense!  Thanks for your help!