Firmware upgrade VMC3030, VMB3010r2

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
JT-sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

My newly purchased system works to some extent, but not fully. The cameras are synced to the base unit. I can get live streamed video on my iPhone and on my computer. I get motion alerts on my iPhone (no email alerts though). However, nothing is recorded. No videos are recorded. Under Mode, it says If Motion, then record video. The reason it does not work, as I understand, is that my firmware is not up to date.

Therefore, I am trying to update the firmware. However I cannot find any Auto FW toggle switch, nor can I find any Update button (for mannual update) as indicated in the answers to similar questions in the database.

I log into my account. I go to settings. I select my devices. I select a device and go to Device Info. I can find info about my device with respect to HW number, serial number and firmware. However, I cannot see any update button and no toggle switch for Auto FW.

Finally, I cannot easily find any information on what the latest firmware versions should be. What are the latest firmware versions for the base station and the cameras? How can I find out whether I have the latest firmware?

My basestation is VMB3010r2. (current firmware version 1.4.2695)

Cameras are VMC3030 (current firmware version 1.2.2688)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JT-sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! Firmware as updated and it all works nicely.

There is only one small thing: the hardware number for the cameras changed from VMC3030 to H7. Why did this happen? Where can I find out, in an independent way, what hardware I have?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Base Firmware 1.8.1.1_10234
Camera Firmware 1.2.10342

JT-sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! I clearly do not have the latest version.

I now found out that the web-interface and the iPhone interface are slightly different. The web-interface does not give any update info or options to perform an update. The iPhone interface at least tells me that no updates are available. Why would that be the case if I do not have the latest updates? How do I access these updates?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a couple of things to try:

1) Power cycle the base and open and close the battery doors.  Wait overnight for the automatic updates to occur.  Once reset like this, updates may be noted right away but perhaps not.

2) Reset the base, holding the reset button until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices.  Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and sync the cameras.

One of those should work.

JT-sweden
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks! Firmware as updated and it all works nicely.

There is only one small thing: the hardware number for the cameras changed from VMC3030 to H7. Why did this happen? Where can I find out, in an independent way, what hardware I have?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
The only indication is in the interface. I suspect it's simply a way to identify the hardware that makes more sense too support since the hardware will change in production over time.