Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

Hi Guys, 

I just got my system updated with these firmware versions

Base = 1.4.2627

Camera = 1.2.2545

and it's really buggy.. I hope they'll release a new one soon and take care of it..

Problems:

1. Recording is randomly glitchy. It sometimes would not record even though it shows in my iphone's

Notification there's motion detected.. Library shows nothing.. Also checked on my email and there's none..

This is not good.. It beats the purpose of what this system does.. I can live with other glitch with this system

but not this one.. Earlier Firmware Version of base & camera were working fine..

2. iOs App 1.8.1 recently would crash on me randomly when accessing.. Especially when doing

scheduling or streaming from library.. Earlier Firmware Version was working fine..

3. When streaming live on my cameras, I sometimes have to press play several times coz it would not work the 

the first time when pressed.. This is happening thru my iphone using the latest App 1.8.1.. Again, Earlier

Firmware versions of base & camera were working fine.. 

I wish I could go back to the earlier Firmware version.. 

Regards,

Jon

58 REPLIES 58
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

JPC wrote:

Here's a list of Firmwares that I wish Netgear would allow us to install..

There might be good reason why you don't want to use these.  😄

It might be nice to have the ability to change firmware, especially to backdate when problems occur with new firmware.  However, it might also lead to increased support issues when folks blindly change firmware "just because".  Ever notice that the temp gauge on your cars never change unless towing huge loads up mountains or racing?  They're highly damped/dumbed down to reduce service calls.  My 1970 Fiat 850 Spider has a true mechanical gauge that wanders according to driving load.  I prefer it to the damped  one but 95% of the population would probably have service done becuase "the car's running hot"...

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

JPC wrote:

How can I become a beta tester here? Is there an application or something? Do I need to get lotsa' KUDOs? LOL

beta testing is done, it was back in oct to dec+ release

Now and then netgear will ask for betas from the main menu... and have apps to apply.

<<So Tom, with the newer version you are currently running, can you say if the delay that a lot of users are experiencing, got any better or worse?>>

My responce time has always been pretty good from the last to current versions... no major change that people would prob notice. I notice a VERY slight improvement in sensitivity time ( we're talking like a fraction of a second ). I can say that I've always had pretty good responce time tho... be it the experience running 5 vuezone cameras for 2 years and having Arlo for the beta testing OR having a good thruput internet connection OR both.

That a lot of people seem to be having delay problems can be a varied reason/problem...location/settings/internet connection/interference/etc... the learning curve is there in the end use too

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

jguerdat wrote:

There might be good reason why you don't want to use these.  😄

It might be nice to have the ability to change firmware, especially to backdate when problems occur with new firmware.  However, it might also lead to increased support issues when folks blindly change firmware "just because".  

Am sure one of those firmwares is good to use with less bug than the recent one, for my system at least.. Although, it took care most the major issues I had but glitches sure shows a bit more compared to the last firmware..

Percentage wise, I think it would not increase too much the support issues..I think it would help ease up the support issues because we know which firmware is working for us.. It can also help the support team to resolve the problem in no time coz' of us giving them feedback.. 

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

TomMac wrote:

JPC wrote:

How can I become a beta tester here? Is there an application or something? Do I need to get lotsa' KUDOs? LOL

beta testing is done, it was back in oct to dec+ release

Now and then netgear will ask for betas from the main menu... and have apps to apply.

Thanks Tom! 

Jody
Luminary
Luminary

I turned  my auto updates off because the last updates   not been working well. How do i get it to update to the newest firmware on the base? I turned auto updates back on. I'm at 1.4.2627. i also restarted the base thinking that would force it to update, but it has not. 

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jody..

to my knowledge version 1.4.2627 is the latest full released version.

There may be one or two out there that have a newer version for testing purposes only, but not fully release to the masses.

Morse is faster than texting!
cjpofd
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just started having the issue in the last few days...is this still an issue for others? Has there been a fix? Thank you.

JPC
Prodigy
Prodigy

cjpofd wrote:

I just started having the issue in the last few days...is this still an issue for others? Has there been a fix? Thank you.

In my case, I'm experiencing a bit more glitches with this new firmware than the previous one.. I hope Netgear will release an update soon with a much more stable one.. But if you're having some issues recently, it might be related to this here:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Troubleshooting/No-live-stream-or-video-for-today/m-p/8285#M2003

eagle1825
Aspirant
Aspirant
I'm glad I bought my 4-cam system from Best Buy. I'm into the 14th day of their 15-day return policy. The Arlo system is going back. With a 30-minute power outage last night (not a storm), the base station came back on and 3 of 4 cams came online quickly. The 4th (full signal strength and battery power) stayed off-line until I removed batteries and if re-synced. But niw, 2 of the 4 cams will not stream, at least reliably. The other two cams are flawless. All same updated firmware. Can't have unreliable cam system. Period, Great udea, Netgear, and cute name for your product, but it's not quite ready for prime time! Disappointed in Georgia! (Even tried restarting the base station: same results.)