Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Firefox:

"Your base station is not connected to the Internet. Please make sure it's powered on and connected to your router."

Safari: Works fine

Android App: Working fine

Issue now seems to be browser related for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chipb
Initiate
Initiate

Morning Everyone,

Arlo, depending on the enviornment it is being accessed in,  Desktop or mobile, uses Adobe Flash extensively.  Two days ago Mozilla (makers Firefox)  shut off Flash by default. This was due to numerous hacking issues (see recent news stories).  For this reason the "Base Station not connected"  may show up in Firefox, as well as Google Chrome, but not with the latest version of Flash on Internet Explorer.

Try all three browsers. If one connects properly, then, obviously, the Base Station IS connected.

Netgear and the browser folks are going to figure out away to get their products to "play nice in the sandbox",

hopefully sooner rather than later.

CB

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi msilverman,

That appears to be a browser problem. I used Firefox just now, version 39.0 and it has no problem.

Please try updating the version of your Firefox browser.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Using 39.0 on OS 10.9 - "no status."

JennC
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi msilverman,

I use Windows and Mac OS Yosemite with 39.0, tried 26.0 version too before updated to 39.0 and all seem to work fine. Please try reinstalling your Firefox browser or maybe update the flash plugin on the browser.

If same problem, you may use other browsers as this is just a browser based access to Arlo system.

Also, accessing your Arlo from multiple browsers and LAN devices at the same time will not work. Please login to one browser and computer/smart phone/tablet at a time.

Regards,

JennC
NETGEAR Community Team
Chipb
Initiate
Initiate

Morning Everyone,

Arlo, depending on the enviornment it is being accessed in,  Desktop or mobile, uses Adobe Flash extensively.  Two days ago Mozilla (makers Firefox)  shut off Flash by default. This was due to numerous hacking issues (see recent news stories).  For this reason the "Base Station not connected"  may show up in Firefox, as well as Google Chrome, but not with the latest version of Flash on Internet Explorer.

Try all three browsers. If one connects properly, then, obviously, the Base Station IS connected.

Netgear and the browser folks are going to figure out away to get their products to "play nice in the sandbox",

hopefully sooner rather than later.

CB

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

On occasion I've found logging out of the Arlo site and logging back in has helped.

CalicoSalsa
Aspirant
Aspirant

Safari worked, thank you.  Netgear support said clear cache on Chrome brower, it works now too.  Doesn't entirely explain why iPad app also had problems, but whatever made it work, I'm good.

Thanks to all who posted, always good to know it is a wider problem and not something just with my setup.

msilverman
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have to use another browser.  Firefox does not work with my Arlo system.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

msilverman,

Firefox is a supported browser for Arlo. Make sure the Flash plugin is enabled and set to "always activate" for Firefox in addition to clearing the browser cache. Let me know!

Regards

JamesC

ursdiego
Tutor
Tutor

As an URGENT workaround until finding a solution, the Arlo server should just stop immediately to report, that the base station is "offline". This is a wrong information that may scare people away from home, like it happened to me. I almost called a friend to check at my home, but luckily I tried from my Android first and saw, that "offline" was obviously wrong. The appropriate information that should be reported to the (incompatible) browser would be something like "online, but streaming currently impossible" or something.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ursdiego,

I am glad you were able to verify your system was online via the mobile app without sending a friend to your home to check. We definitely recommend trying multiple devices, another PC, mobile phone, tablet, etc. if you receive this error message. We are currently investigating this issue further and will keep you posted on the results.

Thank you!

JamesC