Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Extra batteries 50% defective - maddening support

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
bt2058
Aspirant
Aspirant

I experienced 50% defective rate on xtra batteries, and maddening experience getting them replaced.  Ordered 2 standard, then two XL batteries for my Arlo Pro cameras.  1 std and 1 XL were defective (won't hold a charge).

In both cases, chat based technical support - which I believe is outsourced to Ada Support Company - ran me through maddening algorithmic questions which made no sense for accessory orders to use with cameras working fine for months.  They did not seem to grasp my complaint or have access to the accessory order details and required sending the same info over and over.  They finally gave up and agreed to send replacements when asked "are you going to replace this or not" with frustration expressed.

The products - except for xtra batteries - have worked great and are easy to install and manage.  However, tech support - at least for accessory orders is poor, and quality control - at least on batteries - is also a problem.

3 REPLIES 3
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bt2058,

What behavior are you experiencing with the extra batteries that suggests they are defective? Could you provide more details?

JamesC

bt2058
Aspirant
Aspirant

“Suggests” Lol. The two defective xtra batts would not hold a charge. Check tech support chat records for more details.

bt2058
Aspirant
Aspirant

and…I stated the same in my original post:)