Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email on my cell phone - do I really need it?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
SuesArlo60
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello.  I just had an Arlo wireless camera installed a couple of days ago.  The person who installed it said I needed to have my email come to my cell phone (which I have never done before) so I could get my alerts.  On the night it was installed, test motion alerts were sent to my email, but the alert was not dinging on my phone when it came in.  I had to specifically go into my email on my phone, hit the In-Box, and then the Arlo alerts would come in.  The next day the alerts started coming in to the Arlo app on my phone.  I went to Verizon and everything was set up correctly with regard to my email alerts/sounds, etc.

Question:  Do I need to have the email app on my phone?  The alerts coming to the Arlo app are immediate and it makes a ding so I know one is there. Seems redundant to have two ways to receive alerts, especially since I don't care to receive email on my phone.  I get my messages when I'm on my computer.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

On a phone ( ios or android ) you can have Pushes, emails , or both...

Pushes come faster, a second or two after the tigger event ( motion detected ), email come at the end of the recording process ( if the recording is 30 sec, the email gets sent after the recording is done or > 30 sec from trigger event )

You can turn turn either or both off, it's up to you and what you want to do.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Arlo-Knowledge-Base/How-do-I-set-up-notifications-or-alerts/ta-p/10...

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------