Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Email notifications have stopped (VMC3030-10000B)

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
RHSH
Guide
Guide

Our email notifications have stopped, they used to work fine. I am getting text alerts.

Our email address has not changed, but our provider (3 letters) has been locking us out about every 2 weeks and doesn't seem interested in fixing the problem. Our email address is listed correctly in our Arlo profile and I've gone to 'Armed' mode and made sure email notifications are checked for each camera. Looking through other posts in the community, it seems there's a very strong possibility that Arlo has blacklisted our email address because of our provider's issues. Others have said they've either opened cases or have spoken with someone at Arlo to get their addresses whitelisted. Arlo clearly doesn't want to talk to customers and provides no way to reach someone live. How can I have someone at Arlo check to see if Arlo has blacklisted our email address? 

6 REPLIES 6
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RHSH wrote:

it seems there's a very strong possibility that Arlo has blacklisted our email address because of our provider's issues. Others have said they've either opened cases or have spoken with someone at Arlo to get their addresses whitelisted.

Nothing I've seen in this forum that suggests this.  Arlo is using amazonses (amazon simple email service) to send out those notifications. Some ISPs do block amazonses - possibly yours is one of those.

RHSH
Guide
Guide

Yesterday I ran across several posts on this problem. Here are several examples from the Community's forum:

From Tulade 2018-08-08About a week and a half ago, my email notifications suddenly stopped coming in.  Prior to this I have had no problems with email notifications. Finally I go to the support online chat to see if someone can figure out what is wrong.  After I explained everything, the operator checked and found that my email had be been put on the blacklist.  I asked how does that happen and she said perhaps too many failed login attempts.  After she reset this, everything is back to normal.

From iSage 2019-06-19:  Just as I thought and mentioned above, the problem was on ARLO's end, not my email server domain (AOL.com)

I just had a live chat with an ARLO rep, and here in part is what he told me after I explained the situation (copy/pasted from actual live chat with him):

"...I see that your email address has been blacklisted, that is why you cannot be able to received email on your main account. It only happens when there is changes or updates on the domain of your email account server, It will automatically blacklisted on the Arlo system but don't worry we can remove it from blacklist...."

It took several minutes, but he was then able to remove my email address from the blacklist, we tested it by me setting off one of my cams, and once again after 5 days , I am getting the email motion alert notifications on my original email addy. 

@JMM118 - you too, would need to call or have a live chat with ARLO - once you give them the email address you are having the problem with, they can look it up and fix the problem while you wait.

I used to work for AOL for many, many years, so I got in contact directly with someone who could check on this for me - was told AOL is NOT blocking ANY arlo.com domain server email to me at all. Was told the problem is then from ARLO/Netgear's end...
   Then I found this post from 3 months ago - https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/No-e-mail-notifications-today/m-p/1516883 , from someone experiencing a very similar problem as myself, but his email domain is earthlink.net.
  As you can see by his reply to his own post, he called ARLO's support rep and the ARLO rep told him that they (ARLO) had to block earthlink.net for security reasons, and then the ARLO rep whitelisted it on his end for it to work again.

RHSH
Guide
Guide

Has this inquiry been dropped? I'm still looking for a way to submit a request to an Arlo support person. When I use the online Chat I get a robot, not a person.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@RHSH wrote:

Has this inquiry been dropped?

This is a user-to-user forum - and I do not work for Arlo.

I am tagging the mods (who do work for Arlo) in case they want to follow up - @JamesC and @ShayneS 

You could use phone support, but that would require that you purchase a subscription.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I have whitelisted your account, can you test once more. 

RHSH
Guide
Guide

Thank you Shayne, for making sure our email address is whitelisted at Arlo.

I've tested our system by arming all cameras, walked around the property triggering all cameras, and got text alerts for each camera. No emails have been received yet (30 mins since I got the text mssgs)  on our primary/original email address. Last week I added a second email address, that we rarely use, and it has received email notifications. So, all cameras are sending text messages and sending email alerts, but for some reason we're not getting email notifications on our primary email address.

Is it your recommendation that I check with our primary email provider to find out if emails from @Arlo.com are blacklisted?