Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
TheMegaMan
Star
Star
So has the format of the motion notification emails changed to remove the preview image, intentionally?

If so, it's a really bad move. I get a lot of false notifications, and the preview image was an excellent way to help identify if I needed to look in more detail.

Without it, I've got to open and download each video clip in turn, taking a long time and increasing the load on your servers.

Can I suggest this change is reversed or maybe a user option?

Regards,
Adam
185 REPLIES 185
dcfox1
Master
Master

@fred7157  Yea also received a e-mail from Arlo saying it was from the CEO.  I never used the e-mail notifications so probably generic but they listened. 

arseasttle
Apprentice
Apprentice

I SAW!  Got the email too . . . feels great to think that they were actually paying attention. Hopefully, it'll all be working later today.

a

grcArlo
Star
Star

This is great news, Arlo!  Thanks a lot for listening to the community and putting this valuable feature back!

TheMegaMan
Star
Star

Good news, indeed. *Now* we have an acceptable solution! Thank you, Arlo. Perhaps ask your customers before you do something quite so significant, next time.

Chrisv01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks Arlo. The decision to revert is a good one. 👍

johnhuanvu
Apprentice
Apprentice

Thank you to everyone who contacted Arlo via phone, support ticket, Amazon, Facebook ... and Twitter.

It's been an exhausting week but thank you - all of you - who made sure that they don't roll something out so greedy like that again.

Tgrid
Aspirant
Aspirant

My thanks to everyone that complained and my thanks also to Arlo for listening, just now I received a notification that included picture preview, it is good to get back to normal.

OhNoArlo
Tutor
Tutor

Thank you for fixing this. Very pleased to have the pictures back this evening.

Buck_Naked
Star
Star

Wanted to say thank you for the decision to roll this back and re-enable this feature!

I use the feature to keep tabs on my elderly mother, and if this had been removed, would have been very detrimental in being able to do so...

While I was frustrated with the initial decision to remove the feature, I do commend you for listening to your customers and being quick to restore the snapshot feature in such a quick manner!

Thank you Arlo!

Chrisv01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you everyone. You did it. 👏 And thank you to arlo for listening and making the adjustment.

GR2011
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thank you Arlo for being back the preview image back in our notification emails. 👍 Thank you for realizing how important the feature is to your customers.