Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

EOL (End Of Life) coupon

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
SaltyStony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Went through the research and complete ordering process, entered the EOF coupon I received, and all was well. I completed the order with ALL the required information and when I clicked on pay now a pop-up screen appeared stating that there was an error on their side and for me to try again.
I had to start from scratch, do the ENTIRE process again for three items. This time, when I entered the coupon code, a popup read, "COUPON ALREADY REDEEMED". How very frustrating!
The Virtual Chat assistant is useless, and it is impossible to reach a live support human being. Here I am, asking for help.
Can someone in the community tell me how this can be corrected? Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @SaltyStony 

Thanks for the feedback. Are you still experiencing this issue?

SaltyStony
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, this is still going on. Thank you for asking. I called Arlo support THREE days ago. Spoke with a Rep named SAID (pronounced SA-ID). After a tedious and lengthy back and forth where I had to show proof by way of screenshots and other things that I was telling the truth, I was ASSURED that within 24 to 48 hours MAXIMUM the error would be resolved, and I would be able to apply the coupon once again. The 48 hours have long come and gone. Now it's over 72 hours. I am no longer frustrated. I am now angry. Furthermore, I resent when people do not keep their word.

All this because ARLO has decided that my two perfectly fine cameras have reached the "end of their lives". I am forced to spend A LOT of money for 2 "alive" cameras and this is the treatment I am receiving.

cywinter2fun
Tutor
Tutor

I totally agree. Customer service at Arlo is extremely poor.  The EOL statement is vague and a simple question cannot be answered by a human. You are referred to the Chat Bot which is not helpful to answer non-standard inquires or issues.  The main 408 number refers you to a Customer service number that then refers you to the App and back to the Chat Bot.  The main 408 number Vmail box is filled. So, congrats on getting to a human at Arlo.  

The EOL has a plan at least for a year and possibly 2 for software releases, yet we dont know if our App will still continue to work for our Hardware that is EOL nor do we know if simple motion alerts (Functionality that exists today) will still continue to be sent.  What a great way to loose Fans of your product!  

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@SaltyStony 

I have escalated this issue you are experiencing with applying the discount & someone from support will be reaching out to you as soon as possible. I have provided your escalations number here: 43512947

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@SaltyStony wrote:

All this because ARLO has decided that my two perfectly fine cameras have reached the "end of their lives". I am forced to spend A LOT of money for 2 "alive" cameras 

To clarify - the cameras will continue working after the EoL date.  You might want to check the current EoL notice, as Arlo did move the dates further into the future after the original announcement (particularly for the Pro 2).

Arlo will provide security updates for 12 months after the EoL date, and 7-day cloud storage will continue for the indefinite future. 

So there is no need to rush to replace them.