Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Drained powered wireless Arlo doesn't say time to change (RC123) batteries in Arlo's iOS app...

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

I got an e-mail and iOS app alert to notify me of low battery power at 7% at 2:20 AM PDT. And then, I saw it go to 2% a few hours ago, and now seems to be d(ead/rain)ed.

iOS app's Devices list currently says "Your device is not connected -- Make sure it's connected to your router and has a working Internet connection." It doesn't even say time to change (RC123) batteries like in the past. Viewing the camera's device settings show "This Arlo device is offline." https://my.arlo.com/#/cameras shows "It's time to change your batteries." and 0% which are correct. That iOS' first message is confusing and looks like a bug. 😞

I last rebooted this 2015 base station yesterday too. What's up, Arlo? Sheesh! 😞 Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. 🙂

2 REPLIES 2
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Platforms are not 100% the same between iOS, Android, and the web... there are many small differences.

Not much we can do at this end.  At least you got an email&alert !  🙂

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ant
Mentor
Mentor

@TomMac wrote:

Platforms are not 100% the same between iOS, Android, and the web... there are many small differences.

Not much we can do at this end.  At least you got an email&alert !  🙂

It bugs me that Arlo keeps breaking their stuff. 😞