Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Downloading and Favorites - not working

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
judidaydreaming
Follower
Follower

When I first got my wireless setup the system was working great. My only complaint was the battery usage. Since the last two updates I noticed I no longer can download a single video nor can I select the Favorite icon to save favorites. I have a basic subscription.

10 REPLIES 10
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Funny you mentioned that, just this morning I attempted to d/l a few videos on a PC and the browser went to a new page and never d/l'ed

I had to log out and log back in , on the second try it worked....

PS have no idea as to why but I feel its on the other end and will clear up

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

judidaydreaming,

What browser/mobile app are you using that is behaving this way? I have not been able to replicate this issue.

Are you still seeing this behavior?

JamesC

ianatkin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I installed my arlo camera today and I have the same issue. If I try to download a file it downloads an mp4 file but it is broken - it will play in VLC but it only contains a single frame. I'm using the Android app version 2.3.0_15491 on a Nexus 6P running Android 7.1.1.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Check in Settings, My Devices that everything has the latest firmware. You'll see a red warning triangle if an update is available.
ianatkin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I've checked and everything has the latest firmware version.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Unfortunately, if a power cycle of the base and cameras (open and close the battery doors) doesn't work, I suspect you'll need to reset the base and start fresh.  Be sure to note your settings and modes/rules/schedule to aid in rebuilding.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

ianatkin,

Are you able to download using a web browser from a different device (PC). Do you get the same behavior?

JamesC

ianatkin
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello there

I've just tried on the web browser and I can download through that no problem (although a couple of clips seem to be a much lower resolution than others)

Thanks

Ian

ianatkin
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have found that if I play the clips using the Photos app they play fine so I think it must be an issue with VLC. Sorry for the confusion.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
VLC works fine for me. Is your's up to date?