Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Downloaded new Arlo app but keeps making me download 2.9.1 app again... And Flash problem.

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Anewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can't tell you how many times ( a minimum of 6+) I have downloaded this new Arlo app to our current system on my phone, but EVERYTIME I log in from my phone, it makes me download the 2.9.1 app AGAIN.

Same with my desktop and my laptop, it says I need to update my Adobe.

"A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required.  Please install the latest version from here."

But it is updated.  We are ready to pitch the whole system and get something better.  We update, log in the next day, and it's like the movie Ground Hog Day.

Any suggestions or solutions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the phone issue, I believe you are still getting the download nag because the Arlo legacy app is also installed.  Is that the case? Yes,  that was it, I uninstalled the old app and that seems to have solved that problem.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

you don't say what phone or OS...

But as to the browser... you have to enable Flash which has been turned off in most new version of browsers.

For exp, in Fire Fox, click on the Lego block icon to left of address bar and allow flash to run ( other browsers have other ways )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Anewell wrote:

I can't tell you how many times ( a minimum of 6+) I have downloaded this new Arlo app to our current system on my phone, but EVERYTIME I log in from my phone, it makes me download the 2.9.1 app AGAIN.

Have you uninstalled the legacy app?

@Anewell wrote:

"A newer version of Adobe Flash Player is required.  Please install the latest version from here."

But it is updated.  

@TomMac sketched out what you need to do here with FireFox.  If you are using a different browser, please let us know which one.

Anewell
Aspirant
Aspirant
Safari
Anewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

Safari

iphone 8S

Laptop is MacBook Pro

Desktop is an iMac

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Anewell wrote:

Safari

iphone 8S

Laptop is MacBook Pro

Desktop is an iMac

On the phone issue, I believe you are still getting the download nag because the Arlo legacy app is also installed.  Is that the case?

On Safari - I don't use Macs, so I can't give you specifics on enabling flash for the Arlo site with it.  I'm sure there are other folks who do use Safari, so hopefully one will chime in.  Another option is to install Chrome on your Mac.

Anewell
Aspirant
Aspirant

On the phone issue, I believe you are still getting the download nag because the Arlo legacy app is also installed.  Is that the case? Yes,  that was it, I uninstalled the old app and that seems to have solved that problem.  Thank you.