Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Download & Push Notifications Are Not Working On My Android Samsung S8

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Fish2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I just got my camera installed and download on my phone does not work. I pick the video and choose download. Then I go to my video folder, there is nothing.

Also, push notifications is enabled on my cameras and on my phone settings but I don't get any notifications. Please help.

I called Arlo support and they did not have a clue :(.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
steve_t
Master Master
Master

Settings > Apps > Arlo > Permissions

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
steve_t
Master Master
Master

I'm on Android 8.0
When I download to my device, there's a notification for it at the top of the screen. Clicking it asks me which app I'd like to play the video with. Do you get this notification?

Then when I go into Samsung > My Files, the top row of files are "Recent Files" and it's there top left. But it's also in My Files > Videos > Download
Does the Arlo app have permission to access the storage on your S8?

Fish2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, I did not get this notification. How do I allow the Arlo app have permission to access the storage on my S8?

steve_t
Master Master
Master

Settings > Apps > Arlo > Permissions

Fish2018
Aspirant
Aspirant
My arlo Push Notifications is still Not Working On My Android Samsung S8. How can I fix this?

lwood8
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm having the same issue, I get notifications on my iphone but my husband doesn't get notified on his Samsung Galaxy 8.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Fish2018 @lwood8

Have you tried to remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App?

Fish2018
Aspirant
Aspirant

Why would I remove & re-install the Arlo Mobile App? I just installed it. It's a brand new system. What would that do?