Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide

The fix for the accumulated library counts is fixed in the new release, 2.9, but it is sending doubled up push notifications, now!

112 REPLIES 112
Arlo_Bro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello Everyone,

I've been following this thread since Sept 22, and have read all the attempts to fix this.  I was getting double, and when my wife upgraded to IOS 13.1, she started getting it. I saw how uninstalling it didn't work, and then I read it did work for someone (finally), so I gave it try.  I am running IOS 13.1 (and just noticed they came out with 13.1.1) and Arlo 2.9.1 (1134).  After uninstalling it, and reinstalling it, it worked.  No more double notifications.  Lets see what happens when I upgrade to 13.1.1. I will ask my wife to uninstall the app and reinstall it to see if it fixes it.

TommyAl
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks. I tried searching before posting but I didn't see anything.

Beavertonite
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was receiving double notifications this morning as well. It appeared (I think) after upgrading to iOS 13. Once I removed the new app (I installed it after I was notified via email they were going to move to the new one) and reinstalled. So far I have only been receiving single notifications. I hope this helps someone else. 

Arlo_Bro
Aspirant
Aspirant

Followup:  I spoke to my wife, and she said she went from IOS 12.latest to 13.1.1 and never had the double notifications.  I've went to 13.1.1 and I'm only getting single notifications.  It looks like if you are running 13.1 or later, and uninstall and reinstall Arlo (now), you should be good to go.  Arlo must have done something as the app states it works on 13.1.1

Rjjenks909
Guide
Guide
I finally downloaded iOS 13.1 and deleted and re-downloaded the Arlo app and now have no double notifications!
Danidag
Initiate
Initiate

Keep getting notifications of activity on either cameras...twice. Won’t connect to live feed and doesn’t save video until much later. How exactly does this work as a security camera when I can’t view what’s happening??! Should have saved my money. Not impressed whatsoever.

calhoste
Aspirant
Aspirant

Getting double notifications on iPhone and Apple Watch.  Does anyone test their software any more?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Danidag

What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? I do not want to suggest anything you may have previously performed.

Edgewise
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the double notifications as well. Not sure if it's because of the new app, my new phone or something else. 

Live video works for me. 

rodstrick
Aspirant
Aspirant

UPDATE - I finally took the plunge and deleted the new app from my iPhone SE downloaded it again. I am no longer receiving duplicate notifications from any cameras.

iPhone SE

iOS 13.1

Arlo VMB4000r3 base (Model space above did not offer and would not allow 4000)

Arlo 2 cameras

calhoste
Aspirant
Aspirant

Reinstalled Arlo app.  Problem is now fixed for me.

Iphone 10s

Apple Watch Series 4

CSpoke
Aspirant
Aspirant
I found that after I deleted the Arlo app from my Apple TV the double notifications stopped.
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

A fix was released resolving the issue where some users were experiencing double notifications on the Arlo iOS app. You should not be receiving double notifications moving forward.