Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does the VMB5000 work with 5G?

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Rodom
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am considering purchasing an ARLO System, though I only have a 5G network. Will the Base Station work on a 5G platform?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rodom wrote:

So, just to make sure, it will connect to my 5G wifi router?

The VMB5000 base connects with ethernet to one of your router's LAN ports.  It doesn't matter what your wifi is, it will work even if the wifi is totally turned off.

So it will connect fine.

Note the VMB5000 base is not the same as the home security system - that is a different product.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rodom wrote:

I am considering purchasing an ARLO System, though I only have a 5G network. Will the Base Station work on a 5G platform?

The base station connnects to your router with wired ethernet.  It then creates its own closed wifi network for the cameras (you cannot join this network or manage it).  So it does not require 5 Ghz wifi.

If you actually mean 5G mobile data, then the base station cannot connect directly to that.

Rodom
Aspirant
Aspirant

StephenB,

Thanks for your response. I am actually refering to my wifi network, not my cellular/mobile data. As long as I can connect the security system to my 5g router I will be good to go. So, just to make sure, it will connect to my 5G wifi router?

Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rodom wrote:

So, just to make sure, it will connect to my 5G wifi router?

The VMB5000 base connects with ethernet to one of your router's LAN ports.  It doesn't matter what your wifi is, it will work even if the wifi is totally turned off.

So it will connect fine.

Note the VMB5000 base is not the same as the home security system - that is a different product.

Rodom
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I appreciate your help.