Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Does anyone have problems with very close original Arlo's cameras going offline?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
ant
Mentor
Mentor

Hello.

Does anyone have problems with original Arlo's cameras going offline even though they're very close to their original base station?

Rebooting the base station usually fixes them, but that's annoying even if it is once in a while. 😞

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering. 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Dannybear
Master
Master
I would have the issue regularly early on but now very rarely.
I found that fixing the IP address of the base station in the router and fixing the wifi channel made the system more stable.
ant
Mentor
Mentor

How do you tell Arlo's base stations (network cables) to use static IP addresses? I already tried static wifi channels which didn't help.

Dannybear
Master
Master
The base uses DHCP to get it’s IP from the router and this can change randomly.
You should be able to set the base station address back in the network router.
Open the router web interface and see the address listings for connected devices. Identify the MAC and IP address of the Base and then add this to the router’s static list.

The advantage of using a fixed wifi channel on the router is that the Base station will try and match its wifi channel to the same. Best approach is to use a channel that is clear of other wifi services nearby. Use a wifi scanner to identify a channel that is not busy.