Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do I have a faulty Base Station?

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
curtisakatoyo
Aspirant
Aspirant

Good evening everyone,

I just installed this system today, as all my friends talk about how great it is, and it is not working very well at all.

First off, I called customer service, they may have forced a firmware update, that seemed to help, but only for a few hours. When I try to access my base station via mobile or computer, it shows offline, but ALL 3 LED's are green, I know its fully connected. I have added 443 and 80 ports on the firewall into forwarding so I know those are not being blocked. I have set the rules to ARMED (the one chance out of 100 attempts to connect), and yet walking in front of the camera directly does nothing. I tried max sensitivity and no sensitivity (the one chance out of 100 attempts to connect), still nothing. Rules specify to push and email my correct email, still nothing.

Can anyone out there suggest anything other than, lets reset everything, go grab all the cameras from the hard to reach spots, re-sync, take out batteries, etc etc? I tried that already and it did nothing.

This has been very frustrating!

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you actually reset the base using the reset button until the LEDs flashed amber or was it just a restart?  Are the running men in the Cameras tab black (armed, ready for recording) or gray (disarmed, in sleep mode)? Can you live view (Cameras tab, click on the Live button)?

curtisakatoyo
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, I did a factory reset, not just a power cycle. I can do live view, yet I cannot change the modes on my base station, it continues to show offline. I've updated flash and tried 3 different internet browsers. At one point I was able to perform the motion sensor test and the cameras led blinked when I had it set at 1% sensitivity and was roughly 20 feet away. Really odd right?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I guess a power cycle on the base could be useful.  Otherwise, a trouble ticket may be needed.