Devices not behaving & offline intermittently

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Undone
Follower
Follower

Base station: VMB3010r2 firmware: 1.12.2.12_774. Cameras: H7 (x2), firmware 1.6.297. Arlo app v2.21.3_28225 running on Android 6.

I don't know if this has anything to do with missing the 2FA deadline (I have since set up 2FA, successfully, I think), but my Arlo system is proving very unreliable and, when I think about it, it has been occasionally dropping out for a several weeks now.

Curiously, since 1st December 2020, only one of the two cameras is working and even then it has problems. The app Status for the working camera will change to Offline and then come back online again. If I try to live stream it usually takes a long time and then gives up. When it does work as expected it takes much longer than before to come on stream and there is a five second delay in live movement being viewed as live video, I'm sure the latency used to be a lot less than this.

Also, if I try to use the Camera Positioning utility, it just comes up with 'Connecting' and nothing happens. All I see is the last image view and no live video.

The non-functioning camera does the following when Sync is pressed: steadily flashes blue for a time then rapidly flashes amber. And yes, even with brand new batteries I get the same result 

I've rebooted the Base station several times, but this doesn't appear to make any difference. My fibre internet connection is fast and seems stable, so while it could have something to do with it, it seems unlikely.

Incidentally, all these tests are being done right next to the Base Station and yes I do have access to all my library content.

Any thoughts? Should I remove the non-functioning camera and try to reinstal it? Would resetting everything be worth trying or is it possibly that it could cause even more headaches? Have I somehow messed up by missing the 2FA deadline by a day?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Undone

I would start with removing the camera from Settings > My Devices & Re-add it. Remember to note any rules you have for this camera as they will be removed.