Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Endless issues with this system the past 'long' while . . . like perpetual issues over the last 4 years of six years of ownership.

But today wondering if this system is simply done, as for days now having issues with being OFFLINE, cameras off and on connected, and now today into my second hour of trying to get my base station connected after having to disconnect it due to persistent OFFLINE.

Any more recent issues or tecniques to get this ONLINE?

Any group links if someone is going to have system up for sale (prefer to sell to someone who understands the issues and limitations rather than someone excited about a 'new' security system for their home then having them hounding me about 'issues)?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

By the way, Netgear still involved with this sketchy product??

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Well, 'another' base station reset seems to have got me moving forward.

I couldn't count the number of times over the years I've had to around with that approach.

My latter questions still stand . . . and I'm 'still' not fully running, so . . . . 

Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Cams getting ONLINE . . . good . . . 

So out comes the extension ladder . . . again . . . 

And 'again'  can't count how many times I've had to do 'this' over my years of ownership.

dcfox1
Master
Master

@Minburn57 wrote:

By the way, Netgear still involved with this sketchy product??

Arlo spun off from Netgear several years ago. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Minburn57

It appears your device is out of warranty, but there are a few questions & troubleshooting steps I can offer.

• Have you moved your base station close to any other Wireless frequency devices or moved it in a different location?
  • Is your base station appearing offline or individual cameras?
    • If only the cameras are appearing offline, you can try and bring them closer to the Base Station to see if this help for TS purposes.
  • Make sure you have the latest Firmware installed on all your devices
  • If none of this helps you can try & perform a factory reset on your base station and re-add your devices back to the base to serif this helps. 
    • Please make sure to note any custom rules/modes as they will be deleted.

Please feel free to reach out to customer support