Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Device Not Working. Blue LED light flashes and goes to solid blue and then shuts off. Tried syncing.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Hendertucky
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have 3 original wireless cameras. Recently one quite working. Cameras are hardwired for power. Tried camera with other power source and with new batteries. When battery door closed the blue LED light flashes once then goes to solid blue for about three seconds then shuts off. Pushing the sync button does not put it into sync mode either. Have tried that multiple times with holding it down from 1- 8 seconds. Have restarted base numerous times in attempt to resync as well. Removed the camera from my account and tried resyncing also. Wondering if the camera just quit working or if I am just missing something.

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You indicate the original wirefree cameras but then say they're hardwired, which these cameras never had. That was a function of the Pro and newer cameras. Is this a homebrew solution or a different camera?

As long as you haven't done something to void the warranty, use the Contact Support link at the bottom here for hardware support.

Hendertucky
Aspirant
Aspirant
Thanks for the reply. It is the original wireless camera. I purchased an adapter off of Amazon that replaces the CR123 batteries. Two of my cameras see a lot of action and I was tired of replacing batteries every couple weeks and the adapter has worked well for the last year.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like the camera has hardware issues but also sounds like your warranty has expired. It's possible that the power adapter somehow caused the problem but there's no easy way to (dis)prove it. Contacting support may give you some extra clues but I suspect you just need a new camera.