Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
KwameA
Aspirant
Aspirant

For some reason the recording doesn’t start until well after motion is detected. I increased the sensitivity, my internet speeds are 75Mbps, and the camera is approximately 50 feet from the Net Gear base. Check out my example.

Pulling Into Driveway

9 REPLIES 9
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Possible that the problem ( IMO ) in that the camera is trying to cover to large an area ... I find the PIR that detect motion is really good for about 20ft max from a height of about 8 ft... so a move of camera may be needed ..... even tho a great location/view

Or a posible second camera to be near garage door to trigger the other camera to record. 

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
KwameA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, that is my ideal view. I will look for options this weekend to relocate it.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I'd start with simply roatating the camera down.  There's no real reason to include the sky and top of the building. Using the car as the trigger, having it move into view at the top of the FOV should work fine.  I think the position is fine - it's the angle that's the problem.

KwameA
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you I will try this as well and come back with results this weekend.

ldsconvert
Initiate
Initiate

I've had the four camera system for over a year. Only catches theives and robbers if they move extremely slow, and wave their hands at the camera for 5 second lag time it takes for the cameras to start recording. 

I think the quality and the ease of use is great, but the 5 second lag, even with the modem , router or box within 5 feet, there is going to be lag. Thats the difference between catching a theif and or not. 

Arlo provides no acknowledgement that they put out a defected product. They will give you the run through of reinstalling your entire internet system and when its all done, they still say its somethign to do with your internet. 

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
@Idsconcert, agree with your post, especially the last paragraph. I've removed and reinstalled mine, Arlo Pro, three times and then called Arlo Suport after checking FAQ and online support/community. The techie is rude as hell and assumes what my question is. The camera I have the biggest problem with is 10 feet from both the base and the modem. Still has a lag of about five seconds EVEN when motion detect is 100%.

I have 20 MBPS and the base is short-leashed (3 ft) on ethernet connection. Useless to me as my indoor thief is family stealing my meds. Cops won't arrest because he is not on camera. Despite him being the only addict in the house.

Told them to have ME and meatwagon on standbye
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lee_MSgt,

Poor camera positioning can often result in the issue you describe. Take a look at this article for tips on how to optimize motion detection for your Arlo cameras: How do I optimize motion detection for my Arlo Wire-Free, Arlo Pro Wire-Free, or Arlo Go camera?

JamesC

Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
JamesC
Thanks for your reply. I am aware of the battery level and height and field of scan. I read the book, I searched and read FAQ as previously stated and found no mentions of improvement on this issue of delay. When you have someone who hears your attempts to talk to a so called "tech support rep" about the time delay and STILL not get a resolution, what is left to do?

Fall back on "battery is low", "network is to slow", "camera is not placed righ", blah, blah, blah.

Netgear needs to fix the issue or refund. I guess it's time to invoke my premium coverage and get my money back. This is not an "issue" it is a defect
Lee_MSgt
Guide
Guide
And you can remove the tag of "Aspirant ", as I only "aspire" to get what I paid for