Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Delay from time of notification to when video shows up.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Recently in the last week I have gone from getting my videos almost instantly after notification to now 3 minute delay or more. What do I need to do to get back to close to instantly. Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Prob outside of your control... it may be the far end

Unless you have changed your alerts from pushes to email.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Thanks for replying. I haven’t change anything regarding notifications sense I installed about 2 months ago. Delay is rather frustrating. Hopefully Arlo will correct soon !
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you using Arlo Smart? Is the phone set to optimize battery for the app?

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Using smart . Video set for best video not concerned about battery life as much as wanting best video.
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
I’m thinking I might have figured out what’s causing delay . I did change recording time to a fixed time and not while there is just motion. I was was having a problem with recording stopping while someone was on my front porch when they won’t move. Fixed time solved that problem. Thinking now that the extended time recording is the delay . Can’t record and send til done recording . Right ? But getting notification of activation like normal. Thus the delay I’ experiencing . Does this make sense.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Smart generally causes the delay, due to the need to upload the video for post-processing. Remove the camera(s) from Smart and immediate notifications should occur.

B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
I had Smart on from day one and video came almost instantly. I was happy with time from notification to video til last week.
B2R
Apprentice
Apprentice
Might try taking one camera and setting it back to motion no fix time recording and see what that does .