Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Dead Cameras

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
o2954rr
Aspirant
Aspirant

After about 2 years, I have 2 dead cameras out of 4.  Two of my cameras had dead batteries.  There are in a remote location that I don't get to very often.  They had gone low enough that the cameras went offline.  I went to replace them and all seemed fine at first, but they wouldn't sync with the base station.  I tried removing and re-syncing and nothing.  I ended up taking out the batteries and testing them to make sure I didn't get a bad set of batteries (Brand new Energizers) or I installed them wrong, but they were fine and were installed correctly.  Then when I went to put them back in, the camera wouldn't respond.  The exact same thing happened to both cameras.  I've tried multiple sets of batteries and nothing works.  The cameras are completely unresponsive.  When I put the batteries in and close the case, they act like there aren't even batteries installed.

Has anyone else had this happen?

3 REPLIES 3
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey @o2954rr,

What LED lights are showing on your Base Station? And do you receive any error when you try to sync your camera to the Base Station?

o2954rr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not at the base station now, but there are two wireless cameras connected to it now that are functioning perfectly.  I can even remove those cameras and re-sync them.  However, the other two cameras do nothing.  When I try to sync them, I don't get an error.  The base station just doesn't receive any signal from the camera.  The blue light doesn't show on the camras either.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

I would suggest contacting our Arlo Support Team if your camera is not responding with new batteries inside.