Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Hirsch
Guide
Guide
My app says we are sorry the database service is currently down. Please try again. Is this an issue on my end or an issue with arlo?
280 REPLIES 280
AllanLam
Aspirant
Aspirant

La Puente CA. Still down for me too. This doesn't look promising for my first week of ownership. Does this occur regularly? 

Drankin123
Aspirant
Aspirant
Rachelleraquila
Aspirant
Aspirant
Keep getting this message at the top! As well as database servers down ! Someone please help!
bcuda
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same problem in Texas.  Getting alerts (preset), but no access via app.

Lentil
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo's tech support is a disaster.

fubar2224
Aspirant
Aspirant

same issue here...

We are sorry, the database service is currently down. Please tr again.

Hype17
Aspirant
Aspirant

Down here in Austria

senshu62
Aspirant
Aspirant
my system has been down in San Antonio, TX. Netgear should have sent the users some kind of notification, in the fornm of email. message,.or anything. No notification is the worst service Netgear has done.
warprints
Star
Star

One of my cameras just sent me an alert and video - recorded just now in Louisiana

nadams8x38
Aspirant
Aspirant

So did they take the Phone off the Hook? it rings busy, also their Chat on support was rejected because agents weren't available? I agree Post Info some kind of Reason , Explanation or time line. New to Arlo this is my first month of use and now frustrated.

irresistible72
Aspirant
Aspirant

We are in Kansas and ours is showing the same message. "the database service is currently down. Please try again". 

MrRocknRoll
Guide
Guide

annoying as hell....it works, and then it doesnt, then it does, then it doesnt......c'mon alrlo!!!

winden9
Aspirant
Aspirant

Me too in Virginia. Sad

kiteoregon
Initiate
Initiate

Netgear - As a CIO, i can say this is completly unacceptable. For the amount of money that we pay each month, there is no reason to not have a redundant architecture. 

Communication with your customers would go a long way.  After constantly replacing batteries, pixelated images and now a complete global outage with next to no communication, i am going to pull the plug. Nest, Ubiquiti or anybody else, here i come.

Very disapointing Netgear. You are supposed to be a leader in networking and security. For everybody elses sake, i hope that you can learn from this, communicate with your customers and create a robust architecture. 

wminott
Tutor
Tutor

I'm getting all the alerts and can login, but then get the database error.  Does this mean at this moment in time there are intruders in my house or are these just false alerts.  Guess, I'm going to be leaving work ealry to find out.  I do find the lack of information from Netgear apalling and for a system which is important to so many people am wondering how and why this has been down for so long. 

purplecat
Guide
Guide

this is getting beyond annoying

Jesphuss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same in Sweden🙄

fishstix
Aspirant
Aspirant
I just bought this thing and it hasn’t worked for longer than it has. Plus, even when it was working I couldn’t adjust the sensitivity so it records when the dogs sniffle or a fly goes by. I think this might’ve been a bad brand decision.
strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

..for pete sakes... is this a 3 months trial thing? Here I am unplugging, resetting and about to fiddle with my computer as I thought that was the issue! I wish NETGEAR can notify/send email regarding about the "Database  service is currently down" aside trying to log-in that I thought it was "our end" of the database.. seems like we still have ties to them as far as maybe "networking"!   Someone mentioned regarding "pushing the button notification" settings bec. I don't really care for the feature to remind or sync me on my emails as I did last nite and I thought and I thought that was the issue!

ThePoncho
Tutor
Tutor

Finally received an email at 11:12 AM Eastern  -

Please be advised that Arlo online services are temporarily unavailable. Our team is actively working on restoring services as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. To stay informed on further updates, please visit the Arlo community.

Aurora414
Initiate
Initiate

Why is it so difficult to get support! My network has been down for over 12 hours and I cannot get any flipping support or resolve for the issue.

strictlybznz007
Aspirant
Aspirant

seems like everyone got same "database being down" ..... I did same thing regarding on setting/notification and gave me same result.. is that the button to keep away from for features otherwise will give us the glitch? ya think! good thing I went to this forum find out what the heck is going on, I turned mine off and on the netgear base... I deleted my cookies history on my pc bec. saying i'm still logged on so a diff browser.. it worked but, same message!

Paco1
Aspirant
Aspirant
Service database down in Atlanta also
PeetS
Guide
Guide

We should divert our frustration to patrick.lo@netgear.com He is co-founder of Netgear and was advocating how fantastic Arlo is. This is unacceptable. It has been down the for over 5 hours here in the UK. Why do we (customers) have to notify Netgear the service is down.. Why doesn’t Netgear tell us the service is down? Can you please tell us what is wrong?

kcasella
Initiate
Initiate

Same here - is this a Netgear/Arlo service outage?  If so, where can we get status updates?  My cameras are going nuts and I can't disarm Arlo - rebooting hasn't helped.