Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 16 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 6 In Conversation
ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor

Any progress on this issue Netgear folks? https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo/Connection-Fail-Error-on-Web-Portal/td-p/1010621 To ward off the always-asked question... it is only on the web portal and I am using windows 10 x64 with latest Chrome. Any response after 3 years?

16 REPLIES 16
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Try Fire Fox... it hasn't been an issue in a long time

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor
I am not sure you can say it "hasn't been an issue in a while" when it only works on one platform. Why should I change my entire browsing environment for a bug that Netgear refuses to fix? Perhaps instead of offering half measures and half hearted work around, they fix their expensive products and deliver to their customers a reliable product as advertised.
ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor
Priorities?
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I bet you're on a PC with Kaspersky antivirus. This has been reported and is a Kaspersky issue, blocking access to Arlo. Search here for solutions.

ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor
Nope. Disabled all antivirus, proxy, excursions, and ad blocking software.... Still doesn't work.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

VPN?

ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor
Sigh... No.
ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor
Even if I did have a VPN, antivirus, ad blocker, and magic elf guarding my connection... Shouldn't Netgear field a product that is robust enough to address these issues? For this price, I say yes.
ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor

bump

omarelnaggar
Aspirant
Aspirant

In my case, the website portal will periodically just stop working with the camera. My iPad and iPhone work fine, but the website portal just says "The device failed to connect. Please try again." Nothing will resolve the issue, emptying cache and hard reload, logout login, I've even tried logging in from different computers. There is just a bug with the web portal, but all the forums show a lack of effort to address complaints, so this is the last location I'll be spending my time.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey omarelnaggar,

Try using different browsers and incognito mode to see if that helped. Make sure your browsers are on the latest versions too. Otherwise, don't hesitate to contact our support team so they can help you out: Arlo Support

omarelnaggar
Aspirant
Aspirant

It happened again just now, and neither an incognito window, nor opening the site up in a different browser (Firefox instead of Chrome), nor on a different PC, resolved the issue.

I'll try Arlo Support, and will post here if they acknowledge that there's a bug that needs to be fixed.

ARLO_MD
Tutor
Tutor

Still no fix.

JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hey ARLO_MD,

If you still have problems trying to connect to the web client on your computer, please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link.

haugman
Aspirant
Aspirant

This is likely the 5th or 6th time access to log in from google chrome goes no where. Just sits on home screen after pressing log in. Other times it can take 10 seconds  Other times 5 seconds.  IE works ok. Smart phone access no problem. Me thinks there's unresolved bug with ongoing Chrome and Arlo log in issue.  A bit annoying since one hopes things of the computer world to be stable.  HA! I long gave up that expectation. 

haugman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo sign  in web portal started working after closing and restarting Chrome.  Ok for now.