Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Chromecast support for Original Arlo Wire-Free

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Lunchbox0419
Aspirant
Aspirant
If you're a TL;DR person, questions* are below.

Just purchased the Arlo Wire-Free system about a week ago. Got it all set up on geofencing mode to work during certian hours of the day while home and armed 100% when away. Works well 95% of the time. I just found out Arlo supports Chromecast streaming. Added my Arlo account to my Google assistant in hopes I can watch it live on my TV so I could pull the trigger on getting Google home mini's. But no. After some digging, the streaming service doesn't support the original Arlo system.

*This leaves me with my questions:
1) Are there plans for the original Arlo Wire-Free system to support Chromecast playback/ streaming?
a) If so, when would it be implemented?
b) If no, why and is there an unofficial way I can make this so?
6 REPLIES 6
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lunchbox0419,

I do not have an ETA on when google assistant integration will be available for Arlo Wire Free cameras. For more information on google assistant, take a look here: How do I connect my Arlo cameras to the Google Assistant app?

JamesC

Buckaroo_2010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I too have the original wireless system and would very much like to have chromecast support.

btw - would the Arlo Pro camera with the original base (from the arlo wireless) work with chromecast?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Using the Google Home app you can already cast Arlo to Chromecast-enabled devices. It's just not built into the Arlo app by itself.

Lunchbox0419
Aspirant
Aspirant
1) Are there plans for the original Arlo Wire-Free system to support Chromecast playback/ streaming? Yes/No
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This is a user help forum, not an engineering one. As far as we know, the answer would be no but we don't have insight as to what engineering is doing.

Buckaroo_2010
Aspirant
Aspirant

I guess to be more specific - I would like google home to work with Arlo (orginal) wireless system.  Yes, I have been sucessful to chromecast to a chromecast enabled device through google assistant.  Just not via  a voice command.