Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mobis
Apprentice
Apprentice
CHROME

Saying goodbye to Flash in Chrome

245 REPLIES 245
BobGauke
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried that "fix" and it worked well however I am finding that each time I log in to myarlo account and try live stream I have to apply this fix... somehow it is not saved. This is an annoyance but not the end of the world.

myersw
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

With the horrible firmware support Netgear is providing the router side of the house I can only hope the Arlo side is better managed. If not they need to get busy with phasing flash out and getting html5 support implemented. Phase out date will be here before we know it.  Was surprised when I installed the Arlo cameras that flash was needed. I had thought folks had moved away from that years ago. At least for me they are the only reason I still need flash. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem Netgear CM500V, Unifi Security Gateway, AP Netgear R7800 Voxel, Asus RT-AC86U Merlin Firmware
LincsDave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi had same problem & fix not work for me on Edge or Firefox - no extra icons. Went to other browser BRAVE & following fix worked for me:

Click on padlock in address bar;

click on settings cog from drop down. You now get a whole page of settings; Look for Flash setting on right handside & reset permission to "allow".

Return to Arlo site YOU WILL NEED TO REFRESH PAGE to ALLOW Flash to work.

Click back on LIVE on camera link - hope this also works for you!

If you go back to the padlock in address bar after completing this change you will see the Allow Flash is now added at that point rather than going into all settings window.

Good luck folks.

LincsDave
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi had same problem & fix not work for me on Edge or Firefox - no extra icons. Went to other browser BRAVE & following fix worked for me:
Click on padlock in address bar;
click on settings cog from drop down. You now get a whole page of settings; Look for Flash setting on right handside & reset permission to "allow".
Return to Arlo site YOU WILL NEED TO REFRESH PAGE to ALLOW Flash to work.
Click back on LIVE on camera link - hope this also works for you!
If you go back to the padlock in address bar after completing this change you will see the Allow Flash is now added at that point rather than going into all settings window.
Good luck folks.

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

The focus has been on the business side since the spin off. Typical. Users will need to hold the C suite to account until they've weaned off of flash. 

20UK
Aspirant
Aspirant

SAFARI USERS

When you've updated Flash - go to VIEW, and down the menu you'll find 'RELOAD WITH PLUGINS' . . . . . Smiley Happy

mamarcac
Apprentice
Apprentice

@danwriter wrote:

The focus has been on the business side since the spin off. Typical. Users will need to hold the C suite to account until they've weaned off of flash. 

Yep, plus the fact that the customers have to push for Arlo to get off of Flash is just sad. There are so many other things we should be worried about getting fixed, but we need to ask for this too apparently.

bzak
Tutor
Tutor

Closing the Flash update dialog DOES NOT WORK! HELP!

bzak
Tutor
Tutor

Worthless equipment. Website is completely hosed, update flash player errors are not fixed. Tried closing the update prompt, no good, tried updating Flash, no good. Tried Chrome browser vs. Firefox, no good. Arlo is no longer useful to us after investring over $1,000.00 in cameras. Run, don't walk away from their products.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@bzak wrote:

Closing the Flash update dialog DOES NOT WORK! HELP!

What browser are you using?

bzak
Tutor
Tutor

Firefox. Finally figured it out, need to click "manage plug in" dialog and allow Flash. Can't Flash be eliminated?

johnlib
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for the solution.  Icon on address bar says Manage Plug-In Use when you put mouse over it.  Click and allow.  icon jpg.JPG     icon1 jpg.JPG

murphykj
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked.  Thank you!  Have been trying to figure this out for a few days now. 

gellis
Aspirant
Aspirant

The solution of clicking on the adobe flash icon in the top left between the (i) and (lock) solved the problem. Click on the icon and allow adobe to open, then go back to your device and click on (Live). Problem solved.

ThenC
Aspirant
Aspirant

I got a message stating that Flash Player will no longer be supported as of Dec 2020. Adobe is mothballing it because of competition and security issues. Does anyone know what Arlo is doing about that?

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

@ThenC wrote:

I got a message stating that Flash Player will no longer be supported as of Dec 2020. Adobe is mothballing it because of competition and security issues. Does anyone know what Arlo is doing about that?

Yes... multi threads on this if you want to look... But quick answer is they are working on it and it will be done before any deadlines from flash

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
Dood
Apprentice
Apprentice

Does Arlo have a plan to deal with the end of Adobe Flash? 

I see several threads but no answers to this question. Will it be html5? When will the Flash substitute be switched on? (Why hasn't already happened?)

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Yes they have a plan, prob HTML5, but not sure, and they only tell us it will be done before flash is eliminated

Morse is faster than texting!
roghitch
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is your plan to replace Flash?  Support is rapidly ending on most browsers.  Disappointing for new products to require the use of an antiquated viewer.

altjas70
Aspirant
Aspirant

What is the expected timeline for the move to HTML5??  Product is difficult to use with this glitch.

wimmpyiii
Tutor
Tutor

I dont understand the lack of urgancy. Chrome is now dropping all flash support soon, alot sooner then 2020. By 2020 flash will be dinosaur. It is already a complete security catastrophe. Just switch now to html5. Stop building on a dieing animal. Its making arlo look bad if not for anything else.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@wimmpyiii wrote:

Chrome is now dropping all flash support soon, a lot sooner then 2020.

Everything I've seen on this says they will drop it in Dec 2020.  Do you have a source that you can post here that supports your information?

lars7
Initiate
Initiate

How a company that purports to have "security" cameras STILL hasn't migrated their UX from Flash in late 2019 is embarrassing. Very poor communication from the company on this and in the meantime all of us Chrome users have to click 10 times and log in a few times in order to pull up the basic camera feed. I know I'm repeating what's been said in the thread, so I guess I'll just ask - how else can we put heat on them? 

viper111
Star
Star

well said

danwriter
Apprentice
Apprentice

"...how else can we put heat on them?"

Cut and paste this thread and related ones and send them to the financial analysts at the brokerages that follow Arlo and the industry, such as Raymond James analyst Adam Tindle, quoted here (and not very positively):

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/c9590dd9-2285-3354-9f68-3aeaa9c207f6/arlo-stock-tanks-after.html