Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Mobis
Apprentice
Apprentice
CHROME

Saying goodbye to Flash in Chrome

245 REPLIES 245
PBou
Tutor
Tutor

Worked also for me, thank you!

(even if plugin icon did not change color btw)

storgeman
Apprentice
Apprentice

Under the lastest version of Modzilla Fire Fox (69.0), leaving the browser tab open is not the solution.   If you log out but keep the tab open and then come back sometime later, you can re-log in, but if you want to play/record a video, the FLASH message returns again.   This worked ok in previous versions of FF, but in the lastest anymore.

For thos that are using Windows 10 I have found a Windows Store app called "Home Remote", where you can view all of the recordings that are saved and play them at anytime.  Could be an alternate solution until ARLO gets its act together. 

Dz0
Guide
Guide

Please stop updating the interface and wasting development cycles that include flash player.  You're just making it more clunky and it's garbage.  Cant even watch videos on web anymore, have to watch them on the phone app only.  Garbage.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Dz0 wrote:

Cant even watch videos on web anymore

To be clear, you can.  Just not as easily as we all want.

Dbanks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Arlo any update on the lost of Flash? Getting harder and harder to use the product with Crome. Love the product but not the no info on what you are planning to do ASAP.

vnwlim
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, use Window 10 and Firefox

I wonder why if Arlo Support team not look at the community posting and provide advice?

mwsmith2
Aspirant
Aspirant

Noticed the increasing number of issues around Adobe flash.  Several browsers indicate that by 2020 they will have removed 'flash' what is the alternative proposed to permit live streaming from the Pro2 cameras, considering that 'flash' is their current format

Jimmie_Arlo
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found this issue since the Arlo release the latest firmware.

Firefox and google chrome do not work anymore and keep asking to update adobe flash player.

So after installed the adoble flash player and still not work.

it worked well only with Internet explore.

hope it help

NewfieDrool
Luminary
Luminary

There are some solutions already posted on Firefox and chrome. I use chrome and got it to work by selecting the setting enabling permission to use flash.

@Jimmie_Arlo wrote:

I found this issue since the Arlo release the latest firmware.

Firefox and google chrome do not work anymore and keep asking to update adobe flash player.

So after installed the adoble flash player and still not work.

it worked well only with Internet explore.

hope it help

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@mwsmith2 wrote:

Noticed the increasing number of issues around Adobe flash.  Several browsers indicate that by 2020 they will have removed 'flash' what is the alternative proposed to permit live streaming from the Pro2 cameras, considering that 'flash' is their current format

This has been asked and answered many times here.

Arlo has said that they will switch to html5 streaming.  Note that the browser venders are planning to drop flash in December 2020 - not January.  So this isn't urgent, though it is getting tiresome to have to keep enabling flash in the browsers all the time.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@vnwlim wrote:

I have the same problem, use Window 10 and Firefox

Did the solution I posted earlier on this thread work for you?  

411TTWB
Star
Star

Thanx!

Solved my problem - glad I found this solution amoung all the Adobe Flash Player threads!

Worked Great for Firefox  and Windows 10

Adober Flash Player was working fine on other sites using Firefox browser, just not on Arlo.

I had used the "add-on" Flash plus in which I can "whitelist" certain sites. This was not a fix. The solution you provided to select Adobe Flash Player grey Icon and select allow worked

Thank you

vnwlim
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I can confirm is working now!

N2IDY
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have the same problem, use Window 10 and Firefox.

Nothing works so far

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

After you click on "live" and get the update error, you should see a "lego" icon next to the padlock in the address bar.

If you click on that you will see a control to allow flash.

After that you can exit the update error message (click on the x) and it should work.

N2IDY
Aspirant
Aspirant
No LEGO icon showed up
411TTWB
Star
Star

What is in the address bar where the URL is ?

On Firefox withWindows 10 one should see at minimum (depending on the add-ons) a circle with an i in it probably a "ghosted icon that looks like a lego which is the Adobe flash Player permission icon, and then a padlock icon . After that one sees the address such as https://community.arlo ...etc.

What do you have?

The issue is with the browser and the permission options one has selected with the browser. Well.... this is what I have learned. More specifically it is the browser and the arlo site, however it how the browser is protecting one from various sites. I cccccan get the same issues with the weather sites and resolved them with the solutions posted here

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@N2IDY wrote:
No LEGO icon showed up

Here's a screen shot of what I see

logo.png

The "lego" is the one immediately to the left of the padlock.  When you click on it and allow flash, the indicator will change color.

N2IDY
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you. I was looking on the wrong side of the address bar... Works good now!!!

KKS-Col
Luminary
Luminary

I just encountered this problem today (9/10/19) on computers using Firefox. I found this solution posted and it worked fine for me. Thanks; I never would have noticed the icon in the website bar.

NJSS
Star
Star

The underlying problem is that Arlo needs Flash.

Adobe has stated it will end support for Flash in 2020, surely Arlo should rewrite its apps so that they don't need Flas as a matter or urgency.

NJSS

AndreasBi
Tutor
Tutor

Pushing the "X" brings nothing at all, it want's to update...

JMS11
Tutor
Tutor
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@AndreasBi wrote:

Pushing the "X" brings nothing at all, it want's to update...

Read the earlier posts in the thread for the steps needed to enable flash.

spykid
Star
Star

As anyone here can read, Arlo likes to check off that an issue is resolved even when clearly it is not.  Post after post indicates (check the dates of the posts) that Arlo is not recognizing the updated the flash player despite it being downloaded and installed successfully on the desktop computers.  A big "SOLVED" and a check mark is not truthful.  Not recognizing flash player is occuring regardless of the browser, even when cookies and cache are cleared, restarting the computer and twirling a chicken over our heads.  IT DOES NOT WORK.  By now I suspect they know why it is not working and maybe they can not do anything about it for some time, but somehow I also suspect they are not interested in investing the time.  I will remember when it is time to replace the system (which may be sooner rather than later since it doesn't work)