Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Choppy video

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I currently have 6 Arlo wireless cameras set up.  I have the Base Station wired via an ethernet cable to my router.  The Base Station is about 15-20 feet away from the cameras I have issues with.  The video comes in extremely choppy.  This happens with one other camera as well.  The other 4 seem to be okay.

I've rebooted the router.  I've rebooted the Base Station and nothing has worked thus far.  My internet connection is running at 300mbps down and 12mbps up so speed is not an issue.  I've also tested the speeds and they're fine.  I've even replaced my router to a brand new one and the video on these particular cameras are still choppy.

What's the problem with these cameras?  The strange thing is that the choppiness seems to only happy within the first 15 seconds or so when capturing the video then seems to go away as it records.

8 REPLIES 8
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @rwxrwx

Is it possible to change the location of one of the cameras recording choppy video with a camera that is working. This will help determine if the locations are receiving some type of interference 

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

It appears that all of my cameras now have that 10-15 seconds of choppiness when it starts to record.  So, it's now not just limited to 2 of the 6 cameras.  Even the cameras that are only 5 feet away from the Base Station.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try removing the cameras from Settings > My Devices > Re-Add them.

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

I removed cameras and then added them back but am still having the same issue.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support

rwxrwx
Apprentice
Apprentice

Unfortunately my cameras are out of warranty so contacting anyone in Support is probably not going to happen.  I was hoping someone in the community forums may have had the same experience and offer some suggestions 

MichaelAZ
Aspirant
Aspirant
Mine are doing the same. Video looks good but there a big gaps in the video where it stops recording... this happens several times in every one of my 30 second recordings. VERY frustrating and disappointing.
Same happens on all of my 3 cameras.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @MichaelAZ

Please contact the Support Team to further investigate this issue. You will find several options for contacting support in the provided link. Arlo Tech Support