Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Charged batteries in camera but won't sync to Base Station. Tried re-adding but cannot sync.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Speaks
Guide
Guide

Changed batteries in all 4 cameras. Now won’t sync to base station. I’ve removed all devices, rebooted base station, removed base station and re added it. That has sync to the app on my phone. Cameras still won’t sync. I’ve removed app and re loaded it to the phone but still nothing.

Tried each camera and blue lights flashing but won’t sync to my app tried lap top nothing. So now have no protection.

5 REPLIES 5
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

They don't sync to your app but to the base. A frequent cause for issues like this is holding the base sync button too long. Just briefly press it - don't hold it for 2 seconds. Then press the camera sync button. You don't need the app at all to do this - just press the buttons appropriately.

Speaks
Guide
Guide
Thank you. Been on the phone to tech and the cameras now won’t sync to the base station full stop. Via app or directly. Have tried everything with them and still no further. So frustrated. Wish I had never changed the batteries now. I had 4 cameras now have none that work.
Glamy
Aspirant
Aspirant

After 3 years with no issues at the beginning of June all four of my wireless cameras stopped syncing to the base station.  I have talked to their "support" line 3 times and had one additional chat session, and they have been of no help with this issue.  The last person I talked to told me that my cameras must be defective and that I needed to purchase new ones.  I did, but they were not Arlo cameras and I have given up on this system.  I am pretty sure they are allowing this to happen to push people like myself who were grandfathered in to the old system that would store video for 7 days at no charge to have to purchase one of their support plans.  I am very dissatisfied with their absolutely atrocious customer service and will not recommend them again.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

A good thing to try is a full reset. Remove all devices in Settings, My Devices and start fresh by claiming the base normally and then syncing the cameras. Be sure to note all settings, modes, rules and schedule before doing this to speed the rebuild.

Glamy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you, but I have tried all of that, including even resetting the base station after taking it completely off the internet router and shutting it down.  I have checked the Wifi signal from each of the stations outside and done a full reset of the cameras at least 5 times.  I even purchased a full set of new batteries ($$$) for each of the cameras to make sure that was not a problem.  Something changed between June 3-5, when all of the Arlo wireless cameras suddenly stopped being available.   Unfortunately, customer service was nothing more than script reading during the times I have spoken with them.