Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
montisqu
Initiate
Initiate

How do I change the alert email to ONLY my text message email? My arlo account is created through my email address....when I goto change the alert email address under each camera, it has the account email...I cannot remove that. If I add my phone numbers email....I receive 2 alerts, one for the email and one for the text message.

How do I only receive the text message? Changing the account email addr to the phone numbers email does not work because the confirmation email sent as a text message removes the "click here to confirm" link.

8 REPLIES 8
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

montisqu,

To get text alerts take a look at the steps provided in the following article. The method varies slightly depending on your phone provider: How can I receive text notifications from my Arlo system instead of email notifications?

You would do this for each camera you wish to receive the text alert. If you do not want to receive any e-mail alert at all, click the X button next to the e-mail you wish to remove.

montisqu
Initiate
Initiate

No. I want the email address for the alert to be different from the account email address. When I go to the edit alert screen, it shows the account email address which I cannot remove. I only want the alert to goto a different email address than the account email address.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

montisqu,

What device are you using when trying to edit the alert screen? Try using a web browser and you should see the same as what I posted above. Click the X next to your primary e-mail address to remove it, then add a secondary (if you don't already have one) and click Save.

JamesC

RTBJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

I need to remove an email address from my cameras/system. The current upgrade seems to have removed this function. Please email me the steps required to edit/remove email addresses. I have used Edge, Explorer, Chrome, & Firefox, and can not find any place in the arlo software to even locate email addresses

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Modes and rules.  Mode tab, click on your base, edit any appropriate modes and check your rules. At the bottom is a checkbox for email notifications.  Any email addresses are listed there.  Click on the X to delete them.

RTBJr
Aspirant
Aspirant

Worked great, updated email address

Thnks

R T B Jr

Salinas1
Aspirant
Aspirant

need to switch email notification 

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Basically the same answer I gave a few replies up from here.