Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 13 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi Arlo support,

As my Arlo camera is not working almost 3 months from my first support ticket, I am trying to find why can't you send it to given address?

First case ID: 28736023 - it auto closed as there was no response for 7 days.

Second case ID 28945963 is now open for 27 days and I just keep getting copy/paste answers - telling me that they need to check with courier... and I received like a 100 apologies with no solution.

27 days to check with courier???

I think that 27 days would take me walking and swimming to America and back to Europe.

Why is this such a bad support?

Why can't you send replacement camera?

Why can't you give me a straight answer?

Again, such a bad support from Netgear and next time I will remember this experience when buying a product from Netgear.

Also, you said that you can't ship it to my address in Croatia saying that you do not have a authorised seller.

This is so not true as you can buy Arlo system in Croatia, here is link:

https://www.links.hr/hr/komplet-mreznih-kamera-netgear-arlo-vms3230-100eus-hd-video-senzor-pokreta-n...

I am not believing anything you say until I receive replacement camera!

I also hope that your current and also future users can see how you provide such bad support.

regards,
Antonio

13 REPLIES 13
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

don888,

I've requested an update to your open support case. Please refer your case for additional information.

JamesC

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hello all,

I just wanted to update my case for all current and especially future users.

Unfortunately, I will not receive replacement camera for my defective camera.

I already sent camera to Germany - and Netgear said that address was not correct - NOT TRUE.

Then I returned camera to Croatia, again, on my expense.

Now, they said that they can deliver camera to Croatia (why was this not done in first place?) but they first need defective unit returned (to Poland). You can probably guess that camera has to be sent on my expense.

I already spent a lot of money on delivery and this is where I will stop as I can't risk (another delivery expense) sending defective camera to Poland. Again, Netgear is selling their products in Croatia and I don't see a reason they can't replace it in my country or send new camera first.

I have wasted so much energy on Netgear support and with no actual support except from constant apologias from their support.

My conclusion is that they will send you constant emails until you lose so much energy and just stop responding because there is no solution. In my case, I've spent a lot of money on deliveries which I can't get back and still even after 3 months from my claim I still have defective camera and can't use it.

Also, most of Netgear support emails are copy/paste answers.

On link below you can actually see all correspondence from case 28945963.

http://textuploader.com/d4zql

Negear is not going to be my next product in any scenario, and for all you future users better think twice what will you buy, because if you need warranty - hope you will better luck than me.

Regards,

don

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Case auto closed.

Can you reopen it?

I send camera again (on my expense)...

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I suspect you need to open a new case. Reference your old one for continuity. You'll get messages indicating the case may close due to lack of activity - just add a response to keep it open. Don't let it auto=close.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

don888,

After reviewing your case history it appears an RMA was already issued for your camera. If you experiencing new issues with the RMA device, please open a new case or send me a PM with the details if you need assistance opening a new case.

JamesC

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

I have sent camera (again on my expense) and it's waiting for 5 days in Poland.

Is that another issue? I hope someone can now RESOLVE my issue ASAP.

I thing 4 months is more than enough time waiting.

Please check package on:

https://www.posta.hr/pracenje-postanskih-posiljaka-track-trace/264?broj=RC445915486HR

Regards,
Antonio

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

don888,

I will reach out to you in a private message to discuss this topic further.

Jamesc

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

Days are passing and still no response.

Shipment is now waiting in poland 7 days, and I am thinking that your promisses are another scam????

Was provided address correct? because it looks they will return package to me???

Again, such a bad bad bad support from Netgear....

I am really disappointment... Hope other users will have better luck than me....

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

don888,

I've opened and escalated a new case on this topic. Your case is currently being handled by the support team and you will receive an update via email soon.

JamesC

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

You promissed that it will be OK, but still package is not delivered (waiting in Poland) and no one has contacted me.

4 months with no camera... I repeat 4 months with NO CAMERA.

Is this your trick again?

Again another shipment expense and still no camera....

SEND CAMERA ASAP, I am tired of your promisses and I don't see a reason why you can't send it.

Please have a solution until tomorrow, I can't wait anymore!!!!

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi,

Another day has passed and package is still not delivered.

No one has contacted me.

Can you just tell me honestly if I will ever receive replacemant camera?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

don888,

I've requested an update on your case. Please refer to your open support case for any new information.

JamesC

don888
Tutor
Tutor

Hi James,

Just to report, I received email with tracking number.

I guess replacemant camera is on the way, I will get back to you once I receive it.

I just don't understand why it took months???

So much energy wasted form all of us...

Regards,

Antonio