Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Rachel168
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting video notifications but I cannot veiw the videos......I keep getting the message.........

This video is not able to play in your browser.

Please download to view

4 REPLIES 4
Marty1234
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm getting the same problem.  Started this morning.  Videos recorded a few hours open just fine.   Happening on two different cameras that have since recorded video.  Have not done anything to Arlo base station or my PC.  Tells me to download to play the video.  After downloading, get the message :  "This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt.  0xc00d36c4"

Has Arlo done a bad "update" to cause this?

Rachel168
Aspirant
Aspirant

it's all good now.......I guess Arlo had problems and everyone was experiencing the same thing

it was just frustrating because one of my cameras recorded someone coming into my gate but I couldn't see it

hope your cameras are working now as well. thanks

bketchel
Aspirant
Aspirant

Some videos will not play in browser, Chrome Version 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Windows 7 Pro. Sometimes the ones that won't play will play in Firefox, sometimes they play a short time and the picture freezes while the play line continues to move across the bottom. I do not know if this is connected to the separate issue I reported of the base station changing the time zone from eastern to pacific at a random time overnight each night.

I have tried the troubleshooting measures I found listed for flash issues as well as the Disable HTML5 autoplay extension.

base VMB4000-this model was not available from the dropdown

WLynne
Aspirant
Aspirant

Today is June 3, 2019 and as I was viewing and cleaning up today's recording I received another message again, stating

"This video is not able to play in your browser.  Down load to view."

I tried to down load but the system will not down load.d

The video in question was taken in bright sunlight  dated today but incorrectly date stamped at 2:53 am. 

When I contacted Support earlier today, I was told that happens when the video had not been viewed and was old.  I said that was not the case in my situation.  

Is this perhaps another symptom related to the time zone  constantly defaulting to the Pacific Time Zone?