Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot see Arlo Wire-Free under Devices

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pdrd01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi!  I have a set of 4 Arlo wire-free cameras and two Arlo Q's.  I got the Arlo Q's set up with no problem (after the outage was resolved).  I connected the Netgear base station to my router and syncd one of the wire-free cameras to the base station using the 'Add Device' feature.  I have done this on my app and pc. 

The camera will sync but I cannot see it under my devices on the app or on the computer.  What am I doing wrong?  Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a display issue rather than a system one. App or browser? Have you tried both? Reinstalling the app or using a different browser may help (or not).

To increase the length of recordings, you need to edit your modes or create new ones. Mode tab, select your base and edit at least the default Armed mode. Be sure to save at every opportunity.  Read the FAQs here for full details.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The quickest thing to try is to remove the base and any cameras attached to it from Settings, My Devices (leave the Q cameras alone). Press the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber. Use the Add Device button on the Devices tab to add the base and try syncing the cameras again. If firmware updates are noted, do those before proceeding.

pdrd01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the info.  I did get the base station sync light to blink and the camera fast blinked blue which is supposed to mean it is syncing with the base stateion.  Then the blue light on the camera went off and It does not show under devices.  Any other ideas?

Also, any idea why I am just getting 15 second clips?  No video is longer than 15 seconds.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

This sounds like a display issue rather than a system one. App or browser? Have you tried both? Reinstalling the app or using a different browser may help (or not).

To increase the length of recordings, you need to edit your modes or create new ones. Mode tab, select your base and edit at least the default Armed mode. Be sure to save at every opportunity.  Read the FAQs here for full details.

pdrd01
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you so much!  Worked like a charm.  I'll check out the FAQ's.