Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot discover base station after moving

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
aldon
Aspirant
Aspirant

I moved into new house but using a different isp, my arlo system worked great in old house with att but i have not been able to install it at my new house, i have followe install directions but im not able to discover my base station, the "discovering yor device"  screen runs for a couple minutes and then times out going back to the connect to internet screen and after several  tries still not able to get it. i have done exactly what it says, in this order but no luck.... any ideas?  thanks

Connect the base station to your router

Plug it in

Turn it on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In theory, you should have only needed to remove the system from your old house, put things in place in the new one and turn it on.  It's not tied to an internet connection in any way (other than it just needs one).

WHat are the base LEDs showing?  I'll wager the Internet one is out or amber.  Out means no connection to the router, amber means no Internet connection.  Did you actually reset the base using the reset button or are you just trying to use the app or browser to step through setup?  If the latter, you already have the base installed in your account so it won't be found.  If you really need to, use the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Once the base is back up with green LEDs for power and Internet, add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab and then resync the cameras.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

In theory, you should have only needed to remove the system from your old house, put things in place in the new one and turn it on.  It's not tied to an internet connection in any way (other than it just needs one).

WHat are the base LEDs showing?  I'll wager the Internet one is out or amber.  Out means no connection to the router, amber means no Internet connection.  Did you actually reset the base using the reset button or are you just trying to use the app or browser to step through setup?  If the latter, you already have the base installed in your account so it won't be found.  If you really need to, use the reset button on the base until the LEDs flash amber.  Remove all devices from Settings, My Devices.  Once the base is back up with green LEDs for power and Internet, add the base back in using the Add Device button on the Cameras tab and then resync the cameras.

aldon
Aspirant
Aspirant

The reset worked , I was able to install my base and cameras, Thank you for the info Jguerdat!