Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot connect camera to the basestation.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 In Conversation
andriy
Follower
Follower

Background:

I have netgear nighthawk x10 wifi. Netgear VMB3000 base station. And 2,  VMC3030 arlo wire-free camera.

Steps:

Connected base station (power and internet lights are green and constant). When trying to connect camera: I press for 2 sec sync at base station, it begins flashing then I have camera with new batteries press for 2 sec sync. After 10 seconds camera blinks orange very rapidly. I tried this with both cameras. Camera is right next to base station (less than 1 feet distance). 

I tried restarting base station, removing it as device and doing the steps again, didn't help. Please advise.

4 REPLIES 4
steve_t
Master Master
Master

See if after pressing the sync button on the base station and having the LED flash, you can only briefly press the sync on the camera and have it flash blue. Not sure if holding the sync button on the cameras too long might be doing something.

Additionally, check the batteries in the camera are not flat

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

ONLY a quick push on the sync button do NOT hold

( yes, holding the sync button puts the Arlo base into some sort of usb access mode , a never added option )

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
rajkn
Initiate
Initiate

Cannot seem to re-connect (Synch) a Arlo camera to the base-station.  The camera went off-line, and I followed the instructions, but I am unable to connect back to the base station.  Need help.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you remove it from Settings, My Devices? Are you just pressing the base sync button briefly and not holding it?