Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Cannot Save Downloads (Mac)

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Monkey124
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello,

I am hoping someone is able to help me. 

I am able to download the film clips from my Arlo camera* from the online library.  But, I am unable to save these clips on my macbook air laptop. 

When the files download, Quicktime player opens automatically on my laptop and I can play the film that way. I have also been able to save (different) movies sent to me as attachments via email that people send me and that also open automatically in Quicktime player. But, I am unable to save the Arlo films, and it is really important that I do so. 

If I use File > Save, an error message flashes up too quickly to read, followed by a second message "The operation could not be completed"

If I use File > Export, an 'Export Progress' box opens up saying "the operation could not be completed. An unknown error occurred..."

Could someone please help me to save the downloads from my Arlo camera?

Thank you. 

*I am unsure what model the camera is. It is a wireless one, sending the filming to my online library. I tried looking at 'device information' and similar on my online account but only see serial number, which I think is unique to the camera rather than describing the model (?). I am unable to look at the camera itself. It is too high for me to reach safely; I have taller friends set it up for me, so even if I could get it down (doubtful) I would not be able to put it back up again.

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Monkey124

When you go in to your Arlo library and select the (...) button you will have the option to download. It will be saved in your designated folder and you can open & do as you choose from there. Please make sure you have the latest version if safari Version 15.0 (17612.1.22.1.4)

Monkey124
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS,

Thank you for the tip, but unfortunately that is not the problem.

I am using the (...) button to download the films, but they do not save anywhere after that (at least not automatically). I am able to open them from my online downloads folder, and to play them on my laptop. BUT I am unable to save them on my computer, nor am I am to save them somewhere else online (e.g. my google drive). 

I am using google chrome, and know that it is updated because I recently had to update both my computer and my internet, so updated everything in the process.

Monkey124

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I am not able to replicate this issue using an M1 iMac 24" with Chrome Version 92.0.4515.107 (Official Build) (arm64). Do you have the latest version of chrome as well as Mac OS?