Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can the Schedule mode be customized to only activate certain cameras?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
DocBN
Guide
Guide

I have recently installed an Arlo system in my home. I want to create a schedule that only activates certain cameras (i.e.outdoor cameras overnight while we are in bed, all cameras during the day when we are at work/school).  Can this be done?  I see no option for it in the Schedule mode, and I see no option to set a schedule in the Custom modes.  Thanks for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're mixing them up. The schedule is just that a schedule for when modes run and change automatically. You must create custom modes with only rules for the cameras you need at a particular time and then set those modes into the proper time periods. There are FAQs here that explain all this in detail.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You're mixing them up. The schedule is just that a schedule for when modes run and change automatically. You must create custom modes with only rules for the cameras you need at a particular time and then set those modes into the proper time periods. There are FAQs here that explain all this in detail.

DocBN
Guide
Guide

Hi jguerdat,

Your explanation makes sense.  I obviously hadn't wrapped my head around the Schedule concept but now that I look at it after reading your explanation I think I get it.  Thanks!
Now if I could just get Geofencing to work... sigh